Wheels spacers.

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi all, thinking about getting spacers for at least the rear wheels of my car. any comments? good, bad etc..

its not got as big arches as an S3 but i have 225 40 18 ET35 wheels on it and feel maybe i could make it look more agressive and maybe handle a bit better due to the wider track?

Most people on here tend to opt for 15mm spacers on the rear (10mm up front).

Adding these spacers will push the wheels out further, hence improving the overall apearence/stance.

i havent looked at the front too much but i dont think the arches are big enough to put the wheels out anymore. where could spacers be purchased from? might just put 10-15mm on the rear

S3jam , are these the new avus ? If so , post some pics up. Been thinking of these myself.

Chris.

Yeah no worries mate, they are the new style avus ones that are on certain S4's. The spokes look longer and the fan shaped indent on the ends are wider. Should look spot on if all goes according to plan so i'll get some pics when they're on. Will going from 225/45/ZR17 to 225/40/ZR18 make much difference to handling and acceleration?

When I went from 17s to 18s I noticed a little difference. But not significant.
Like these wheels though. Look forward to it.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
Will going from 225/45/ZR17 to 225/40/ZR18 make much difference to handling and acceleration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Acceleration? Unlikely...unless you are fitting very light wheels..which being replicas is unlikely.

As for handling...you'll tighten up the feel of the car as it will move around less on the sidewalls of the tyres....so it will improve the feel and handling.