dual mass flywheel helpppppppp

Dan s3 audi

Reaction score
A few months ago i changed my dual mass flywheel for another LUK one, 1500mile later and i am takeing the engine apart because i bent a con rod. i inspected the LUK flywheel to fined the secondary springs were gone, this was confirmed when i took it into audi and one of the mechanics look at it. My car is getting rebuilt and it will i hope be running around the 300bhp mark, now i have been told i need a single mass flywheel but i have a few questions to ask.
With it being a single mass and from the vibrations will this un ballance the crank and cause bottom end problems???
and what one do i get?, i dont have a lot of money left i have just spent 4500 on parts for it in this rebuild so i need something cheap, but something that will work?

Can someone please help me out on this i have looked at other topics but there are so many

Thanks

I don't really have answers for most of your Q's but I do have a spare Single Mass flywheel available if needed from the kit I bought off Awesome GTI Awesome Heavy Duty Sprung Clutch & Solid Flywheel - 6 speed 1.9 TDI / 1.8T - A3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car - If you end up buying the a single mass clutch kit I would recommend the above one, no sign of excessive noise that some say they get when going single mass.

Don't think you need to worry about the single mass causing engine issues, main concerns I guess would be noise and driveability, though I am sure more knowledgeable people will be along to give a fully informed response.

Hope your rebuild goes well.

I change my mk3 Ibiza turbo dual mass to single mass

Mk3 golf abf 2.0 16v gti flywheel same as a g60 single mass and half the price...

Then buy a decent clutch half the cost of that kit 600 quid thats a joke

If he has an S3 then he needs a kit along the lines of the Awsome Gti one as the G60 kit won't fit.

It's been covered in westy's & welly's build threads.

Awesome gti do a kit that westy has fitted.

Pat

I bought a Valeo single mass kit from Euro car parts, it was about £375 delivered.

No noise, no vibration, deals with 235 bhp alright lol

Sorry to bump the old thread...
ci-ryder is this flywheel still available? if so pm me your number please.

Nogmeister What engine is your car, today i was advised the valeo conversion for my 130tdi 6 speed is only rated for 130bhp, my car is mapped and supposed to be 170bhp 300ib/ft.