Andy Murray - US Open Grand Slam Champion

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
What can I say, I only had radio access to this match, but what a match it has been, amazing play by the commentary

All I can say is Ivan Lendl has made a huge difference, made him lose his childish negative attitude & now Olympic & US Open Champion.

Congratulations to him, he deserves it for all his hard work in the last year.

I'm extremely happy for him, finally, must be amazing feeling :)

Wow - long overdue - well done Andy.

Sports personality of the year is going to be a tough one come December!

Saw a report on TV from Dunblane, the lovely lady on there said it isn't like the Olympics, this is for Scotland, not the UK.

OK then! That's cleared that up then.

Well done Andy, maybe you can win the English tennis tournament next year?

What a game of tennis. Huge congrats to Murray. I don't particularly like him, however credit is most certainly due here.

Amazing ,well done andy ,loved it :)
a8fb16f4145ece04e9f0b1e1ec6eda50.jpg

Saw a report on TV from Dunblane, the lovely lady on there said it isn't like the Olympics, this is for Scotland, not the UK.

OK then! That's cleared that up then.

Well done Andy, maybe you can win the English tennis tournament next year?

I've never really understood these territorial claims like this old dear makes here. Why doesn't she go the whole hog and say it's a win for Dunblane and not Scotland if she's going down that route?

I like England, was born here, lived here most of my life, but irrespective of how much I like it, sport is just sport, and not some sort of religious experience for me. I can't get that precious about which piece of ground someone was born at; it just seems pedantic. I'm glad if someone from our country wins or does well at something, but TBH I'm just glad for that individual to have achieved success. It never really crosses my mind that race or geography is a critical factor, just that on the day the most talented and hard working man / woman / team wins fair. He did a ****** good job last night, so let the Scots lay claim to his win if it makes them happy, personally I'm just happy for him and his family after all the sacrifice and effort they've invested! A great win, and he really earned it, certainly not gifted to him. You could argue a large majority of athletes are 'imported' to some extent, but if they choose to unite under one banner, who really owns the win?

Well, im Scottsh, but i dont see it as a win for Scotland or Dunblane. Insee it as a win for him personally. Now i will hold my hands up and say, im not a huge fan of his, but in the last 6months or so he has matured a great deal as a person. He has worked hard and deserved his win, not for a country, but for himself. :) x

I watched this live last night, it was an epic tennis match, with many rallies having 30 strokes+, I think one was even 54 strokes, none of them gave an inch. In the end though, I think Djokovic had a groin injury, so Murray cruised it in the final set!

Hats off to him for winning a Grand Slam. He had most of the UK behind him for the Wimbledon final, and he expressed himself how much pressure he had on his shoulders for success. Since his Gold in the Olympics, I think the pressure is now off, he should be going onwards and upwards! Strange not to have Federer or Nadal there though. A win is a win though!