First Mod for the S3

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi All

Had my S3 now for a 2 weeks and as having quite a highly modified car before, im looking for a my first mod for the S3.

What do people recommend to go for?

Thanks

Ryan

Welcome to the club!

What you looking at?

interior/exterior/alloys/suspension/engine?

Thinking perfomance like an air filter or exhaust. did think about remap but i want the S3 to be stage 2 and didnt want to pay twice for remap.

You'll find that if you go with say stage 1 remap then at a later date upgrade to a higher stage you will get a decent discount (assuming same remapper used).

Induction kit is not a bad place to start - Evoms, Forge Twintake and ITG seem to be the most popular

In terms of Exhaust then you'll need to decide if youa re going full turbo back exhaust, cat back or simply back box. Milltek do a decent bit of kit.

Ok cool do you know if i go for stage 1 then add other parts like exhaust and intake, will the car be drivable or do you need the stage 2 map?

I would go for the Turbo back system as i would want a complete system. Is milltek the best system for Audi's?

Also what is the air intake that people on here mainly go for?

Thanks

The car would be drriveable if you added other parts after the remap but i think general consensus is to get the most out of your parts to get the remap done last as it will be set up to maximise the other added parts. I don't however see any issue with going Stg 1 then adding exhaust and induction kit then say going to stage 2 or 2+. Will need to ebar in mind though that once you get into Stage 2&2+ territory that other parts will need to be replaced - namely clutch, flywheel and high pressure fuel pump. Others who are running this set up will be able to advise in more detail.

People are running ITG, Forge Twintake and Evoms for the most part on here - each has a slightly different sound set up and some maybe louder than others so depends what you are after but you wont go wrong with either of these.

I can't say that Milltek is the "best" kit out there but i would take a stab at it being the most popular system used.

If you want a decent exhaust Supersprint will be perfect, excellent quality and noise you cant say Milltek is decent when they use low quality stainless steel (low chromium level) and due to that easy to corrode. Not to mention rear exhaust bracket prone to splitting etc.

^^ agree with you.
if i was buying exhaust again i would go Supersprint. better quality than Milltek...

I don't disagree with the general rule of you get what you pay for but is the Supersprint system not a fair bit more expensive than the Milltek?

The only thing you have to watch out for on the Milltek is the top weld where it bolts on to the turbo.

They tend to crack. If you purchase one, before you fit it, lay a bead all the way round and then its good as gold.

I don't disagree with the general rule of you get what you pay for but is the Supersprint system not a fair bit more expensive than the Milltek?
i think the prices are similar.
yeah but one lasts and other one you'll have to fix now and then. it's not right if you pay almost 2K€ for it.

I now decided to start saving for supersprint just for the sake its so rare and hassle free. Whole TBE cost round 2100 just cat back 900 if you go resonated if not then you can have one for 1850 and cat back aproxx. 700

A remap will bring the car alive.

If you plan to go to stage 2/3 then a cold air intake might be a good start. There are a few out there like the Forge Twintake.

Maybe start with suspension and spacers? The options are endless.

Yeah im enjoying having a standard car again and planning what parts im after :)

I knew so much about the fiesta ST but its all good fun having to learn about the S3.

Will having a remap and any more engine/turbo noise?

My friend has an A3 and his car sounds the nuts

What's the best remap system for stg 1? I've heard Revo pushes the car to its limit whereas Shark is a bit more balanced

Don't get dragged into the remap wars.....there are a lot of companies offering good quality remaps,and you need to sample a few before buying the full map,and most offer an upgrade path without having to pay the full whack each time.

What's the best remap system for stg 1? I've heard Revo pushes the car to its limit whereas Shark is a bit more balanced
I wouldn't say that's the case at all......virtually ALL of the companies quote power and torque figures within a few percent of each other,and the decision then is down to the driving feel of each,bearing in mind that any good map can be tailored to your requirements,and the car's figures.

Don't get dragged into the remap wars.....there are a lot of companies offering good quality remaps,and you need to sample a few before buying the full map,and most offer an upgrade path without having to pay the full whack each time.

I wouldn't say that's the case at all......virtually ALL of the companies quote power and torque figures within a few percent of each other,and the decision then is down to the driving feel of each,bearing in mind that any good map can be tailored to your requirements,and the car's figures.

when people go to a tuner for the remap they leave them to do their work without telling what they would like and what they prefer.
i'm sure that every tuner can do a map that will satisfy you, but you need to tell them what you want.

also people often say one tuner is better than other based on what they've heard or read somewhere.
the only advice that's worth is from someone who had actually tried few of them on the same car.
others can write their review and an opinion on remap they've got but that's it.
rest is up to you. what you like, which tuner has a better reputation, price, customer service, distance...

when people go to a tuner for the remap they leave them to do their work without telling what they would like and what they prefer.i'm sure that every tuner can do a map that will satisfy you, but you need to tell them what you want.also people often say one tuner is better than other based on what they've heard or read somewhere.the only advice that's worth is from someone who had actually tried few of them on the same car. others can write their review and an opinion on remap they've got but that's it.rest is up to you. what you like, which tuner has a better reputation, price, customer service, distance...
Well said,and exactly my point.
There is a lot of stuff going on currently with one company in particular being very aggressive in their marketing policy,and I think that word of mouth both for software,and tuners is worth far more......I went for Revo and AMDTuning,and have been very happy with both.