Outstanding fault and warranty expiration

Elliot

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi,

We have an A4 in the fleet with an ongoing problem that the dealer has so far been unable to fix - a really tricky intermittent problem.

The warranty runs out in Nov and the service dept claim that once it's expired that's it - no more work under warranty.

Does this sound right to you? Is it typical of Audi dealerships?
I would expect them to continue to work on the problem (under warranty) as it has been reported and worked on for so long before the expiration.

Thanks.

They are talking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. If the fault has been established as existing within the warranty period, then there is an on-going duty on the part of Audi to continue trying and resolve it in accoradance with the warranty.

And yes, of ocurse it's typical of Audi dealers, and every other retail outlet in the world. If you thought you could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif someone into thinking they no longer had a claim on you, wouldn't you give it a go?

Yes indeed... More used to the service I get from BMW (which is excellent!).

Really shouldn't have to escalate these thing to Audi UK, but hey-ho...

I've got the same problem at the moment.

My aircon went about a month ago, and the local stealer couldn't find the leak. Filled it with dye and said let them know when it died again.

Aircon went about a month later, by this time my warranty had expired.

Phone stealer, they said not covered anymore. Phoned Audi customer services, they said they must complete the work if the job card is still open, regardless of whether the warranty is still in force.