Isle of man TT

James TQ

Reaction score
its my dads birthday soon and i want to get to the IOM for the TT, has anyone been before and whats the cheapest or easiest way to there, ferry or flight?

i doubt ill be able to get a B&B so whats the best day to go?

thanks

If your wanting to just fly over in the morning and back at night I'd fly but I think it will be quite expensive now. The best day to go is the day the senior race is on but that's usually the last. I went last year after wanting to go for years but to be honest it wasn't as good as expected it is really busy and you can't go anywhere without **** heads on bikes riding like total tools. I think last year there were 5 fatalities. Weather is a huge consideration as if its wet or foggy they don't race hence the senior was cancelled last year for the first time in its history I think.

birmingham to castletown airport is about £60 each way for a 55min flight, by ferry you'll be lucky to book a place coz they fill up fast and cars/vans are very limited because of the bikes, the ferrys only run from Heysham or liverpool

just looked at ferry rout, no ports are even close to me

just looked at ferry rout, no ports are even close to me

You do know where the Isle of man is don't you?!?! Even if their was one down here, it'd be easier to drive towards Liverpool where the ferries leave..

yeh, flights from gatwick arnt very expensive