removing asv with delete kit

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Just after feedback and thoughts with removing the asv with the allard delete kit.??
Wobble wobble...

I have the Allard EGR delete kit on my 130 PD and it made a fair bit of difference to the car, it was like a mini remap. The car ran more smoothly and seemed to pull a lot better from low down in the rev range. My EGR was pretty clogged up when I took it off so if yours is cleaner then don't expect as much of a difference. The kit is extremely easy to fit and is excellent quality.
The only thing I will say about the kit is, the silicone elbow they provided didn't fit (57mm-57mm), so initially I had to cut the metal end out of the standard boost pipe and use that until I could get a Samco 90 degree 57mm-51mm reducer.
Also on my 2004 year car the EML came on after fitting the delete kit. I had to take it to my local remapper the get the EML switched off (basically told the ECU the car no longer has an EGR) and had it remapped while I was here lol.

My egr isnt that bad. Does leak alittle around the 3 allen key bolts
Mines mapped out so want the proper kit.

Any thoughts on the anti shrudder valve? Does the wobble annoy you on start and finish of engine?

And what did you do with left over pipes?

you could always just pull the vac pipe off the anti shudder valve and plug it for a few days it would have the same affect

I only notice any "shudder" when starting from cold first thing in the morning and one blip of the throttle sorts that out.
The Allard instructions just say to leave the 2 vacuum pipes to atmosphere. I did that and blanked them off to see what would happen but either way made no difference to the running of the car.

the anti shudder doesnt affect cold starting all it does is shut the air supply to the engine on shut down

you dont have to blank them as it only pulls a vacuum when you turn off but I would just to stop any crap getting in there and working its way to the valve