Those With Egr And Asv Delete

****** good find this is. Seems to be ok. Will let ya know when I try it. As just had mine mapped, already had egr delete pipe, but had egr turned of aswel. So all should be good

I'm very interested for definite confirmation as well as egr delete pipe is definitely on the list.

I used this guide on the Bora. It looks a bit complicated when you look at everything, but once you start it all becomes clear. I've been meaning to do this since I blanked off the EGR, but I've just not got around to it yet.
The pipes might be arranged differently in our engine bay, but the principal should be the same. Also it might be worth checking the size of the vac pipes before ordering as they might be different sizes to the Mk4.

The AVF was never fitted to the Mk4, so it won't be listed mate.

I used this guide on the Bora. It looks a bit complicated when you look at everything, but once you start it all becomes clear. I've been meaning to do this since I blanked off the EGR, but I've just not got around to it yet.
The pipes might be arranged differently in our engine bay, but the principal should be the same. Also it might be worth checking the size of the vac pipes before ordering as they might be different sizes to the Mk4.

The AVF was never fitted to the Mk4, so it won't be listed mate.
So just need to suss out what is what then strip down???

Right! Just done this, what a piece of wee wee it is.
I left the actuator pipe where it is, got nice new green piece of 3mm, from the n75 to the none return valve to the vac pump pipe, all old pipe done away with. Left the other 2 servo's in place, after an hour. Job done
IMG 20140904 121133
IMG 20140904 123211
IMG 20140904 121154
IMG 20140904 123215
IMG 20140904 124251

Good stuff ruffrider,il be doing away with the n18 and n239,il let you all know how i get on. Got a new n75 and coupler for the turbo.so bumper off job.

Good stuff ruffrider,il be doing away with the n18 and n239,il let you all know how i get on. Got a new n75 and coupler for the turbo.so bumper off job.
They are a proper pain get (behind the os light) another reason mine stayed in lol

Done it,all went well.
Besides engine light coming on,2 codes relating to the n18 and n239.

Went for a quick spin,honestly can't tell anythink at the mo. Well it is a bit neater.

Done exactly as the diagram shows :)

To clear my engine light i plugged both units back in :-(
Codes gone :)

Think resistors are needed to keep the codes off.

Guessing the EML light comes on newer and older models? Was tempted to go the whole hog but might just swap the pipes.

I would pull off the pipes and reroute as in the picture. Leaving the solenoids.

The codes only show when doing a scan with VCDS or the likes, they don't cause a light on the dash. The light is because of the missing EGR.

The rule of thumb on the Mk4 platform was 03 and older don't throw a light, 53 is a 50/50 chance, and 04 onwards will throw the light up.

My 03 bora didn't, but my 04 Avant did so it is probably the same for these.
You have to have the EGR software deleted from the ECU to stop the light coming on if you have a newer model.

Ah that's good then mine's an earlier model and nothing came with the EGR delete so I should be fine, already have a few things flagged in vag-com that are down to upgrades.

I am planning on doing this so pulled the vac hose off the of the egr today to measure and it seems to be 10mm od and 6mm id is this what i would need to replace with as the chat seems to 3mm id?