RNS-E = AUX or LINE IN help/advice/wisdom needed.

kevin00

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have searched through this forum and even found an area where it mentions
"everything" RNS-E from installs to Mods HOWEVER I still cannot find in plain
english how or what I need to buy to be able to plug in a 3.5mm Headphone plug
so that I can play music from my phone.

Is it even possible with the model I have?
It is a RNS-E Audi Navigation Plus - Part No: 8E0 035 192 C (I think)

Any help would be GREEEEEAT.

I looked into this ages ago and was told by an Audi technician that it wasn't possible without actually removing the 6 disc changer in the glove box and then tapping into the wiring loom! well he didn't say it was totally impossible but probably cheaper the buy a new car with it fitted as standard lol

I looked into this ages ago and was told by an Audi technician that it wasn't possible without actually removing the 6 disc changer in the glove box and then tapping into the wiring loom! well he didn't say it was totally impossible but probably cheaper the buy a new car with it fitted as standard lol

The things is I DON'T have the 6 Disc CD Changer so I was wondering if I could tap into it but through the back of the RNS-E unit...

I looked into this ages ago and was told by an Audi technician that it wasn't possible without actually removing the 6 disc changer.....

Another Audi tech with an Ar$e from elbow problem!

Below is a howto (It's a link I found not my write-up) It's an easy installation.

rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit

Another Audi tech with an Ar$e from elbow problem!
+1

It never ceases to amaze me how much bullsh*t is spoken by some Audi technicians.

EVERY EU model of RNS-E from the oldest to the newest can have an Aux IN AND a CD Changer - and the Aux In is no more than some wires...

If it's a pre-2010 RNS-E then you just need to make sure you're running SW version 0650 and code it correctly to enable Aux In. If it's a 2010+ RNS-E then you just need to code it correctly.

The only combination you can't have is a 2010+ RNS-E plus AMI plus Aux In - as the AMI uses the same audio in connections as Aux In does.