Loud Droning Noise From Rear

MC10

Reaction score
[h=2]Hi Guys,

I have a slight issue with my A3, I changed both rear wheel bearings a few months ago, infact all 4 were changed, BUT it has more or less 2 new bearing on the rear..yet..when I have people sit in the back I get the same deep droning noise as if the bearings are away again. The noise is slightly there when it's just me driving but certainly hear it when I have a full car. I changed the rear brakes also and swapped the bearings round to see if I had one faulty one..but noise is still there...very annoying! What else could this be...because there isn't much to narrow down to except the bearings AGAIN...but surely 2 cant be away. And its 100% the back as its always louder when people sit in the back....HELP

p.s sorry for the huge story, only way I could explain lol

Thanks
biggrin.gif
:)
[/h]

Could be your tyres?? maybe uneven wear or just loud road noise

If you've changed your wheel bearings recently, then the most likely cause is your tyres.

Google "Sawtooth tyre"

If you've changed your wheel bearings recently, then the most likely cause is your tyres.

Google "Sawtooth tyre"

I second this. Rub your hand over the tread one way and if will feel smooth. Rub it the opposite direction and you will feel the sharp edges of the tread blocks as they will have worn unevenly