Audi s3 transfer box problems

Lil ad9

Reaction score
On a trip back from whales at the weekend I noticed a whining noise and by the time I got the car home it got very jumpy at low speeds and when I pulled up out side my house the car literally would not move. Got the car into the garage today and they recon its the transfer box / bearing ( along those lines ). I know nothing about cars but doing some reading seems about right.

first question, any one got a rough idea on cost as the garage mentioned my clutch was slightly slipping as well?

second question . I have a warranty on the car so in the morning the garage will ring the warranty company and hopefully they can sort it out , any one had any experience warranty company's . The car is fully serviced and up to date.

any help much appreciated cheers ad

If the transfer case has gone,then it's around £1200 new,as Audi do not sell parts for them....I know,as mine needed replacing a while back.

Cheers for the fast reply , any idea on rough cost of fitting incase the warrenty act up( which I'm hoping they don't).
also any idea of the rough cost of parts and fitting of a clutch kit with smf that will easily cope with stage 2+ for future upgrades.

Cheers for the fast reply , any idea on rough cost of fitting incase the warrenty act up( which I'm hoping they don't).also any idea of the rough cost of parts and fitting of a clutch kit with smf that will easily cope with stage 2+ for future upgrades.
Hi there....I can't really help with fitting costs,as mine was done with a lot of other work added,but I do remember the cost of a new transfer case!
A good SMF/clutch for Stg2+ would be the Loba,and if I remember,you're looking at about £1200 or thereabouts,fitted.