S3 Transfer Box

Boulger

Reaction score
Long story short my transfer box has been run low on oil for just over a week, its been topped up now and has quietened down alot but theres still something not right so it needs replacing.

Does any body know the price of a new transfer box or if they can be repaired?

Also iv just agreed a price on a second hand unit with supposingly low miles and a 3 month gaurentee for £225. Does this sound fair?

I have a 57 plate s3 registered in 2008 and the tranfer box is from a 2009 S3, can anyone confirm if this will fit ok?

I think youll be ok. 225 is a good price, I have one sitting in the garage and would have expected more if I were selling it.

New they are around £1200.

Mine failed a couple of years ago,and Audi do not supply parts for them,so the used price you've got is pretty reasonable I'd say.

Ok I hope it's ok because Iv already paid for it. I rang TPS today and they said it was just over 3k. They are normally good for price but there's absolutely no way I'm paying that.

Tbh have had my s3 about 4 month now and all Iv done is spend money on it, I'm sick of it now and once this is fixed I'm probably going to sell it