Section 28P disturbing a SSSI

MingBluS3

Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone help me out here, i have been charged with section 28P whilst out on my boat last weekend. Apparently i was spotted chasing Geese and disturning their settling. this is not true.

Apparently the penalty is up to £20,000.

I'm looking for some advice, i did plead not guilty when marine police came round my house. But i did admit to being within 250metres from the shore. I was not aware of the range and there are no signs nor buoys marking the designated Site of Scientific Interest.

"Apparently you were spotted ".........

I guess with all rules / Laws..... wouldn't this be your word against theirs (whoever spotted you) ? Did the spotter video you / take photos etc... ?
Did you have someone with you (a witness) to say you was not "Chasing the geese"... ?

Appreciate you may have "Accidently" disturbed them, but if there were no signs / buoys etc. How were you to know - If you have this confirmed (no signs etc.) should you admit to unknowingly disturbing the settlement ?

Just my thoughts......

aye, go back and check. take a camera, camcorder to look for any signs to make sure you know where you stand.

Cheers mate, i had two friends on the boat, i have mentioned it to both who cannot remember if we disturbed some geese.

I dont know if they had video evidence or photos, they were bird watchers in their hut i think bird watching.

I will say, from where they must have been observing or watching us on the boat they would have been about 200 - 300 yards away from us on land. From that distance it would probably have looked as if we were quite close to the flock. It like when you look at 2 planes in the sky, you think they look much closer than they really are.

I need to wait for the police to follow up their enquiry.

I admitted to seeing some geese, but said i was not paying too much attention to the geese. I also admitted to being closer than 250 meters from the shore but i was unaware of the range involved. I pleaded not guilty to charging at geese.

I went down yesterday to have a look for signs, there is nothing indicating the site of scientific interested.

There are seperate buoys for the speed limits in the creek which i abide to and know the limits. None around the edge of the SSSI.

I did say i was aware that the site is a nature reserve. I' did not know it's a ****** SSSI.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

i was spotted chasing Geese and disturning their settling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what it's called these days .......................... still, gives the sheep a break I guess! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif