knock/rattle/vibro under load / on acceleration (8P S3)

slick

Reaction score
any ideas what this could be
it is a rattle/knock sound coming from underneath the front of the car, seems more towards the passengers side (NSF)

along the lines of, driveshaft, CV, profshaft, or something related.

this is more noticeable under 50%+ acceleration, if driven carefully, cannot notice it at all

as the speed gets greater, it turns into more of a wobble/vibration, but at lower speeds it sounds like a knocking, bit like a knackered CV, but im not so sure its that!

have had a brief look on a ramp without removing anything, and all appears to be ok.

would like to know if anybody else has a similar issue, or has had one in the past, and to see what resolutions there are/were.

i am not so sure on that one, i think it is suspension or drive related, but not the flywheel. however cant rule it out (although there is history that it was replaced not too long ago on my car, so would hope it is not that part again?)

my car is a 2009 sportback.

the garage is suggesting it may be a damaged/bent prop

does anyone know where i can get one from? are they the same for 3dr and 5dr?

any ideas on part number, and/or prices? or anyone breaking an 8P S3?

thank you in advance! :(

turns out it may just be the front rubber (front prop donut i think?)

but this still means replacement prop

replaced the whole propshaft and both end bushes with brand new items (at great expense! :()

the old bush was worn, and the centre bearing was damaged on one side, where i had been using the car with the vibration and got worse due to the worn bushes.

decided it was just best to replace the whole lot

the car is now fixed, and drives so nice, glad to have that out of the way :)