Head unit upgrade - OEM Look

Mr K

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the concert head unit before the volume control fails. The problem is I dont want somthing that doesnt look 'right'. The OEM audi unit had a wider facia than a standatd DIN, and I like the ilumination thats the correct colour / controlled with the rest of the interior.

Has anyone fitted a concert II? are they any good, and do they fill the slot properly? pics would be nice.

Or are there any alterantives?

No idea on the Concert II but I fitted a Sendai Unit from Halfords.

It had the proper colours but with bluetooth, SD card, USB and Aux in.
Still going strong in the other car.

Pretty sure a concert II fits exactly however think you need a canbus simulator for lighting etc, but these are available from kufatec. I have a console and a concert II in the house so I can pop a picture up for you when I get home.

Becker used to some cracking decks that blended in nicely with the dash.

I opted for this as I had it from my old car and it was too damn good not to fit.

Reactions: norad97
I have the pioneer deh80prs and it's got plenty useful functions and the colours can be adjusted to pretty much anything you like.

Ok concert II won't fit directly you would need to trim the facia of the stereo, where the silver strip is. Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 219
Im using a Pioneer DEH-4500BT. Suits the dash perfectly and it has Bluetooth integrated, which keeps the dash nice and tidy :)

Thanks! I think ill buy myself a concert 2 then. Some seem to have different facia's, the one pictured there has quite a bit more plastic around it than most.

In my first B5 I fitted an aftermarket but the spacers at the ends always bugged my OCD. I do have an RNS-C that was destined for my 2.8 to replace the symphony, but I sold the car before I changed it and I dont really want to convert this one to double din as the double centre consoles seem to sell for loads!

If anyone has a concert 2 they would swap for an RNS-C I'd be interested.

if your current head unit is a panasonic made one it will never have the volume problem, if it's a german made one it will, the problem lies with a chip in the unit that counts the number of times it's turned on (from the dim parts of my memory) once it reaches a set value it goes haywire, the panasonic ones do not do this

I have a sony unit fitted has front aux input and a cd player iirc was only £50 from BMS thats all i need really i tend to only use it on long motorway journeys as the milltek gets a bit to much after awhile.

Pic -
26D02343-9B24-4258-B8B7-42F4D9CF1E08-4661-0000055F54900849_zpsb235aba3.jpg