OEM car head units

All in all I suppose I'm happy with the Xplod MD head unit I've got, I was just wanting the radio part of the DIS to work, though I suppose it makes no diff when I have a permanently flashing (!) on it :(.

That and I don't use the mini-disc any more....

sony_mdxca790x.jpg

...it's not a bad bit of kit really.. Sub pre out incl. too!

I had a changer in the past but i found the newer MP3 CD capable single disk players to be better.

You can fit 6-10 Albums on one CD-R, and chuck a pile of them in the glovebox and swap between them easily, whereas you can only put 6 audio CD's into the changer and swapping them around requires a trip to the boot, and 6-10 times as many disks compared with the MP3 CD setup.

As i said, if your ever up round this way let me know, and you can have a listen to the sub etc and see what you think.

Thanks Andy. I'm getting more critical of the sound as time goes by, I really out to take bass duties away from the existing speakers.

Might invest in a phatbox at some point. Like the look of those.

I had a changer in the past but i found the newer MP3 CD capable single disk players to be better.

You can fit 6-10 Albums on one CD-R, and chuck a pile of them in the glovebox and swap between them easily, whereas you can only put 6 audio CD's into the changer and swapping them around requires a trip to the boot, and 6-10 times as many disks compared with the MP3 CD setup.

As i said, if your ever up round this way let me know, and you can have a listen to the sub etc and see what you think.

Might just take you up on that offer Aragorn. Movin to East Lothian in a couple of weeks, and I'll have a large Garage :icon_thumright:. When I was abroad MD was the best choice for various and I used to record a lot of my own live work straight to MD, with the onset of solid state recording equipment I just don't use it that much. I've been lookin at the CD equivelant with MP3 of my unit which is still cheaper than a good OEM unit, so with keeping the changer I could potentialy get 16 albums! Wooo! Jazz-tastic man!

i wish i had a garage :( been looking for something for ages so i can properly work on the landrover, but they're either your standard little council lockup which you'd barely even fit the A4 in, or its a proper workshop but stupidly overpriced.

Mate of mine had a place for ages, was about 3 cars long and two wide, so you could comfortably have something parked up and room to work on things. He gave it up at xmas and offered me the lease, but i couldnt afford it myself, and the mate who i was going to chip in with didnt like it. Was only £200 a month too, which, with the prices ive been seeing some other places advertised for, is a ****** steal.

Aye especially Edinburgh area and surrounding. Wer're lucky, it's a short term rent we're going for, I don't think we can afford anywhere with a decent garage. That's lockup sounds huge. Room for post lifts? :O)

Aye there was plenty room for a lift, three phase power too, as i say, looking back it was a steal.

Should have tried a bit harder to get the cash together to secure it.

Something even half the size would have perfect for just me.