Airbag light keeps coming on

wobblewoo

Reaction score
Hell all.

Ive had a problem with my airbag light ever since ive owned my S4. Its been back to Audi twice (for 5 days then 9 days) and they have replaced seat belt tensioners, airbags, wiring and an airbag controller.

The airbag light has come on again and shows up this error on VagCom:

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 8H0-959-655-94.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8H0 959 655 E HW: 8H0 959 655 E
Component and/or Version: Airbag 9.42 H11 1840
Software Coding: 0071114
Work Shop Code: WSC 00097 210 87219
VCID: 3C7D45547F70B8E
1 Fault Found:

01762 - Solenoid for Roll-Over Protection; Pass. Side (N310)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

Can anyone tell me what this error is please? And what i shoudl do.

Thanks for your time.

Warren

is it a cab ?

its pointing to the modual that runs the antiroll
the 2 things behind the head rests
they pop up if the car rolls

Thanks Bez101, i guessed it was from the error message - the passenger side one.

Is it a replaceable part do you know?

W

it should be.
no idea where it is tho

It is, but hopefully you're sitting in one of those back seats, it shows as about £700 each as there's 2, but I would check wiring to it 1st as that error comes up for when you disconnect wheel bags & seats, so maybe simple fix.

The part is built into the pop up part, so you need to look through the boot or remove back seats, which in itself is a pita to get headrests of.

Thanks NHN (for both forums), i appreciate your time.

Looks like i have to remove the rear seats and take a look then. Audi have done extensive work on my car around this problem so i wonder if they haven't plugged it back in properly.

Its just the rear headrest restraints that look to be an issue - ill read up on that.

Do you have the part number for the solenoid please.

W

Hello all

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the rear seats on a B7 A4 Cabrio please?

Thanks

W

its a PITA to remove
google my have a how to

Couldn't agree more, real pita to get those plastic tabs out of the way to lift them of & out.

Your not joking - spent about 2 hours trying to work out how on earth the headrests come off - how do they come off?

Whoever designed that wants sacking.