Brake pad sensor

Reaction score
Silly question perhaps - but does every Audi A3 have a brake pad sensor or it is an optional equipment? I am aware that it is front brakes only so that is ok.

I was thinking of having my brakes serviced etc but I was informed that there is a sensor for Front ones, which hasn't gone off yet which means brakes are fine. However, if its an optional equipment then perhaps I need to get the brakes checked...

Cheers

I also enquired about this not that long ago. I was told the Front has sensors as standard as the front brakes are the most important but no option for rear pad sensors.

I tend to check my pads on the rear frequently for that exact reason.

I've also read that there are sensors on the front but not the back. Saying that, when my front ones needed replacing, they didn't flag up on the DIS or anything. I only knew they needed replacing by giving them a proper check.

I've also read that there are sensors on the front but not the back. Saying that, when my front ones needed replacing, they didn't flag up on the DIS or anything. I only knew they needed replacing by giving them a proper check.

I wouldn't totally trust the sensor as someone could have looped it out it is only on one side so if the opposite side was dragging It could be a lot thinner easy diy job to do discs and pads and a bleed if required.

I am a bit skeptical about garages trying to rip me off .. hence the question!! What does the picture below tell you chaps - if anything?

Brake pades

My brakepads sensors just gone off so time to get them changed! Think it would most likely come as standard with DIS