over boosting help!

miniturhero

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2001 s3 and it is standard as far as im aware and I have recently installed a boost gauge and be it not the best but a gauge none the less, I have tried to find a thread to try and answer my question but all the threads I have found are of similar problems but on a mapped engine. The problem is that I think im well over boosting , when I put my foot down I hit around 20-22 psi and I know it should drop down but it dosnt always and if it does it still only drops to 18psi! I have gone through a few threads and found that most peoples boost on a standard engine is around 8-10 psi. Is there anything I can check or change to cure my problem as im new to audi and this is my first s3 .

Cheers.

I thought I might add that if you go to my other thread on installing my boost gauge you can see which one it is and I know its not great and it might be slightly out but I dont think it could be that far out.

I believe AVLO has a similar boost issue on his standard engine.

Where have you read 8-10psi?

Have you tried unplugging the N75 (electrically) yet? if not do that.. you should see 0.5 bar (7-8psi)... if not then check the pipework to the N75..

Also... have you done any work on the car recently?

What makes you think its not mapped? its behaving like it is... normally if you get over boost it will drop into limp mode (again around 7-8psi)...

Have you scanned for fault codes yet?

<tuffty/>

I believe AVLO has a similar boost issue on his standard engine.

Where have you read 8-10psi?

I have read it on some threads on here I think or maybe another forums I will try and find the thread

Have you tried unplugging the N75 (electrically) yet? if not do that.. you should see 0.5 bar (7-8psi)... if not then check the pipework to the N75..

Also... have you done any work on the car recently?

What makes you think its not mapped? its behaving like it is... normally if you get over boost it will drop into limp mode (again around 7-8psi)...

Have you scanned for fault codes yet?

<tuffty/>

Hi mate well I dont think its mapped only because I never got told it was when I bought it and the bloke I got it of was very informative of the cars history , all I have done to the car is changed the filter for a induction kit and installed the boost gauge. That reminds me Im glad you replied because Im using the same boost gauge that you had in your vent I think and I know you said it wasn't accurate but was it massively out or just slightly?
I am planning on booking a dyno run in about a week or so when I get a chance to see if its been mapped. I havent got a code cheacker or havent took it anywere to get it checked for codes as ive been working away and havent had a chance but will be on my list. Is there a diagnostic tool that we can buy to do the checks ourselves ?

Hi mate well I dont think its mapped only because I never got told it was when I bought it and the bloke I got it of was very informative of the cars history , all I have done to the car is changed the filter for a induction kit and installed the boost gauge. That reminds me Im glad you replied because Im using the same boost gauge that you had in your vent I think and I know you said it wasn't accurate but was it massively out or just slightly?
I am planning on booking a dyno run in about a week or so when I get a chance to see if its been mapped. I havent got a code cheacker or havent took it anywere to get it checked for codes as ive been working away and havent had a chance but will be on my list. Is there a diagnostic tool that we can buy to do the checks ourselves ?

Here you go... info in here :)

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-help-please-read-before-posting-updated.html

<tuffty/>

Cheers mate that is really helpfull im definatley going to invest in one of those , I don't know if im miss reading an add on ebay but by the way the describe the features of it , correct me if im wrong but with that lead would that enable you to sort of remap your car ?