2016 Map Update

Well I guess y'all gonna have to wait for the site to get sorted.................I can't even give my GB map away!! lol
SimonL,
I would like to take you up on your very kind dropbox offer if still available, I am still unable to see any updates on the site.

SimonL,
I would like to take you up on your very kind dropbox offer if still available, I am still unable to see any updates on the site.

Sent you a PM mate :)

Reactions: traindweller
Sorry if this has been answered before and I'm being completely stupid and missing it somewhere, but as I only have the basic SD Sat Nav system, is there any way of updating the maps to the latest version?

Got mine to the download stage now, the little Java box appears saying it's downloading then nothing

Sent you a PM mate :)
Hi Simon,
Thanks for taking the time for the Dropbox and sorry I am unable to PM you direct with my thanks. I have downloaded the data but it is not straight forward as I think the card system has a slightly different operating system.
However, not beaten yet, so rather than possibly corrupt the 2015 card I have copied the complete card and its operating files into a clean folder on the PC and then updated the maps for GB and Ireland to the clean copy from your data.
Not sure this has worked yet as I need to get a larger card in the morning as my 2015 card is only 8 gb but the new file needs 8.5 gb so I suspect I have duplicated something but I will get a bigger card and then copy it all onto that and see how I get on.If successful then I can update the remainder of the data using the same principle
Thanks again.

Reactions: Simon L
Hi Simon,
Thanks for taking the time for the Dropbox and sorry I am unable to PM you direct with my thanks. I have downloaded the data but it is not straight forward as I think the card system has a slightly different operating system.
However, not beaten yet, so rather than possibly corrupt the 2015 card I have copied the complete card and its operating files into a clean folder on the PC and then updated the maps for GB and Ireland to the clean copy from your data.
Not sure this has worked yet as I need to get a larger card in the morning as my 2015 card is only 8 gb but the new file needs 8.5 gb so I suspect I have duplicated something but I will get a bigger card and then copy it all onto that and see how I get on.If successful then I can update the remainder of the data using the same principle
Thanks again.

No worries.............you should only need the update files though, think I just copied them to a formatted 2gb card

Your IT skills are obviously a lot better than mine are!! You don't remember which ones were the update files do you,it would be excellent if I could just move those across.

Phone call from Audi UK a few minutes ago to say that Audi AG have fixed the problem. I checked whilst he was on the phone and lo and behold MapUpdate now appears!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Phone call from Audi UK a few minutes ago to say that Audi AG have fixed the problem. I checked whilst he was on the phone and lo and behold MapUpdate now appears!

Just checked mine too - it works woohoo !!

Thanks for the heads up.

Well, only took one of the largest companies on earth just over a month to fix!

Reactions: glospete and Rob2k68
and who would bet that it won't "disappear" again :frowning:

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Well, only took one of the largest companies on earth just over a month to fix!

Lol well said !!!

Wonder what determined whether it effected you or not and also if any other models suffered the same ?

Lol well said !!!

Wonder what determined whether it effected you or not and also if any other models suffered the same ?
Would be very interested to know what the issue was to be honest. I use to work full time as a backend developer and certainly would have lost my job if I was in charge of that massive a failure!

It's probably one of those systems that's been amended and worked on over and over when really, they should just pull the service and re-launch with more up-to-date content!

Sorry if this has been answered before and I'm being completely stupid and missing it somewhere, but as I only have the basic SD Sat Nav system, is there any way of updating the maps to the latest version?
In order to update the SD Nav maps you need to buy a new SD Card and have Audi code it :(

Would be very interested to know what the issue was to be honest. I use to work full time as a backend developer and certainly would have lost my job if I was in charge of that massive a failure!

It's probably one of those systems that's been amended and worked on over and over when really, they should just pull the service and re-launch with more up-to-date content!

I'm certain that we'll never be told so there is hardly any point in asking. Audi UK were pretty good in communicating with those of who complained but they said that the issue was out of their hands and was with Audi in Germany and even they weren't being told much!

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Rob2k68
Has 'My.Audi->Special destinations' been taken down ?

That was very useful for uploading speed camera info via POI co-ords.

Reactions: glospete
Has 'My.Audi->Special destinations' been taken down ?

That was very useful for uploading speed camera info via POI co-ords.

I also can't find that now! If they have removed that (inadvertently) then I'll be going back to them AGAIN to complain. I am really beginning to despair of Audi.

Just spoke to Audi UK and Asha says she will get someone to investigate and give me a call.

Odd as these disappeared for me initially, but are now back and working fine!

How strange I'll check again on the computer when I get home but it certainly wasn't there when I looked from work in my "lunchtime".

Is it a separate widget or under the 'map update' one ?

Your IT skills are obviously a lot better than mine are!! You don't remember which ones were the update files do you,it would be excellent if I could just move those across.

all the files on my dropbox link on an SD card and you should be golden......

How strange I'll check again on the computer when I get home but it certainly wasn't there when I looked from work in my "lunchtime".

Is it a separate widget or under the 'map update' one ?
Separate widget I believe. I click 'My Vehicles' at the top and then select my car, the next page loads and shows a sub-menu further down the page with the options 'Overview', 'Interesting Facts' and 'Services'. Clicking 'Services' then shows me the map update and my special destinations!

Separate widget I believe. I click 'My Vehicles' at the top and then select my car, the next page loads and shows a sub-menu further down the page with the options 'Overview', 'Interesting Facts' and 'Services'. Clicking 'Services' then shows me the map update and my special destinations!

Aaaaaaahhh !!! Looks like half a fix, it's definitely not there on mine :shrug:

all the files on my dropbox link on an SD card and you should be golden......

Thanks Simon, well I tried, and got all the files across but the update is obviously coded from Audi as someone else said above. Whatever I did it would not work, so the only other option is to update the existing 2015 card which should be coded but I don't think that I want to risk losing that!

Thanks Simon, well I tried, and got all the files across but the update is obviously coded from Audi as someone else said above. Whatever I did it would not work, so the only other option is to update the existing 2015 card which should be coded but I don't think that I want to risk losing that!

If you have SD nav the cards are indeed coded to your vehicle - I had the same with my Leon. Even overwriting your original card will not work I've tried that before too. If you try it make sure you back up your original card to your computer in full first.

Reactions: Simon L and traindweller
The SD card has x2 partitions on it. One for Nav stuffs and the other (hidden) is all the component protection and licensing. The hidden one is not easy to access.

Reactions: traindweller and Rob2k68
Had a call from Audi CS today and confirmed the web site POI is back as well as the Map updates.

Had a call from Audi CS today and confirmed the web site POI is back as well as the Map updates.

No POI for me - I'll have to give them a call :sadlike:

im lost on this thread, i have the upgraded nav / screen in my 14 plate S3
do i just login to audi connect and follow the instructions or do i need to download to a card and then go and put this in the car?
doesn't the upgraded nav have wifi/wireless connection?
sorry for the daft questions.... need to get myself up to speed with this sort of thing

Still no POI for me either. Map updates still available but I never lost them in the first place!
im lost on this thread, i have the upgraded nav / screen in my 14 plate S3
do i just login to audi connect and follow the instructions or do i need to download to a card and then go and put this in the car?
doesn't the upgraded nav have wifi/wireless connection?
sorry for the daft questions.... need to get myself up to speed with this sort of thing
Have a look at page 5 & 6 of this manual for instructions on how to download and install a map update. Also a few pages back in this thread have some pretty good instructions.

Not re-appeared for me neither Rob. I phoned again a few minutes again and no surprise they can't trace my previous call. So a lady called Beth is going to begin the procedure all over again! You couldn't make it up could you? Inept or what?

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Rob2k68
Not re-appeared for me neither Rob. I phoned again a few minutes again and no surprise they can't trace my previous call. So a lady called Beth is going to begin the procedure all over again! You couldn't make it up could you? Inept or what?

No you couldn't - It's amazingly bad !!!!! Not being able to log, trace calls and monitor progress is pretty poor too seems like they need to overhaul customer services whilst they're at it too!

I am going on for my first service next week. Will they update the maps for me then whether I ask or not?

If you have SD navigation the answer is no - you'll need to buy a new map SD card. If you have the HDD-based MMI Satellite Navigation Plus then they will but they'll almost certainly charge for doing it. Better to download the data from the my.audi.com website and do it yourself. You get 5 free updates included but you can't "miss" an update and think that it'll extend the period! It wont!

No you couldn't - It's amazingly bad !!!!! Not being able to log, trace calls and monitor progress is pretty poor too seems like they need to overhaul customer services whilst they're at it too!

Another call from Mark from Audi UK to say that they are in touch with Audi AG but are waiting for them to fix the problem. I sense a feeling of frustration from Audi UK as to why the POI widget has now disappeared, after fixing the Map Update problem.

If you have SD navigation the answer is no - you'll need to buy a new map SD card. If you have the HDD-based MMI Satellite Navigation Plus then they will but they'll almost certainly charge for doing it. Better to download the data from the my.audi.com website and do it yourself. You get 5 free updates included but you can't "miss" an update and think that it'll extend the period! It wont!

Thanks for the message. I have the latest MMI that came in my 2015 S3 and it has it’s first service next week. I guess I will download them prior and then wait to see it they will put them on for me or not. The first service is free so maybe they will just do it for me. Although I highly doubt it if they usually charge.

Time to to but a larger SD card I guess.