How to remove the S3 emblem badge front the front grill

willh92

Reaction score
Hi,

As above, looking to swap my prefacelift badge for a facelift badge and want to be sure how it comes off / goes back on before i break things?

Cheers,

Will

Some say you can remove the grill and then replace it,I have seen numerous posts saying about broken clips when doing it that way,front bumper off is the safest option and isn't that difficult Hell I even did mine !

If you dont care about clips on old badge then you dont need to take bumper off you will swap badges so whos care for clips on old one only if you wanna keep old one good. No need to take whole bumper completly off anyway its enaugh to take it off only on one side and on top just to get with hand to the back side of badge.

Can the front s3 badge be removed without having to touch the bumper at all ??....I'm wanting to change my preface lift badge to a face lift one but not wanting to touch the bumper

Errrm read the above your post

so the old badge can picked off and new one clipped in the retaining clip ? Just that above post mentioned about removing one side of the bumper

Yeah, rip the old one out if you're chucking it away - clip the new one in. No need to remove bumper if, as said above, you don't want to keep the old one.

Reactions: Goubo1
I've looked and cannot find the pics but the clip is a ****** to open

Yeah, rip the old one out if you're chucking it away - clip the new one in. No need to remove bumper if, as said above, you don't want to keep the old one.

I was trying to remove it earlier but thought I was gonna break a slat in the grill so stopped

Personally I'd just remove the bumper, once you've done it for the first time it's a piece of cake - just take care of the headlamp washers hose. There's a 'how-to' on this I believe anyway ...

Personally I'd just remove the bumper, once you've done it for the first time it's a piece of cake - just take care of the headlamp washers hose. There's a 'how-to' on this I believe anyway ...

Because the car has just been painted mate I'm wary of removing it really don't want to

I had the front end of mine re painted for stone chip reasons before I did my grille (wrapped the chrome surround bit in the end). Just put a few towels down under the front end of the car, or cushions or whatever you can find.

d25a655d7a3c52ea939d44817982cbb6.jpg

Got the front facelift badge on without removing the grill..I used a dremel very carefully to cut the prefacelift badge across this allowed me access to the retaining clip and with a small pick I prised it open enough to remove the old badge and push the new one in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: voorhees