Parking light playing up

Audibritz

Reaction score
Alright guys for the past month I randomly have a warning light " rear parking light" popping up only when I first start the car, so I been getting back out of my car and having a gander but can't seem to find anything gone. Anyway If I switch my ignition off and back on again it disappears. Anyone have this problem? I noticed last weekend after cleaning my car that one of the rear lights had built up with condensation inside the light but I can't see why as there's no cracks in the lense Or anything unless if the seal has worn. Not sure if this is common or not?

Cheers

Alright guys for the past month I randomly have a warning light " rear parking light" popping up only when I first start the car, so I been getting back out of my car and having a gander but can't seem to find anything gone. Anyway If I switch my ignition off and back on again it disappears. Anyone have this problem? I noticed last weekend after cleaning my car that one of the rear lights had built up with condensation inside the light but I can't see why as there's no cracks in the lense Or anything unless if the seal has worn. Not sure if this is common or not?

Cheers

Condensation in the rear lights has been a problem on every Audi I have owned and I have owned several over the decades.
That said I have never had any electrical issues /warning lights as a result thereof. You can always take the light cluster out and make sure the seal is correctly seated etc before you refit it and see if this is of any benefit ( which I doubt but at least you will have tried it )?
Good luck and keep us posted.

Paul B7

Hi,
I have been having exactly the same issue with mine except mines been the front right parking light, mine I think is down to the LED side light I have, as I have noticed it flicker occasionally. If you are using the standard incandescent bulb remove it and give the contact a wipe and re-tension the sprung contact, or replace it as they are cheap enough.

Remove the bulb holder, sink the lense in water so the edge is submerged, of course not the hole where the holder covers, then see if it leaks water in, then you'll know if the edge seal is compromised.

Ok cheers guys

If I do find the light is leaking from the seal, Then what would be the best sealant to use without things looking messy? Preferably black sealant I would of thought.

Thanks

Same thing happened with mine and they kept blowing so I picked up aftermarket LED rear lights... probably not the best advice but worked for me :happy: any excuse to upgrade things.