TTRS/RS3 brakes (yes, again)

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Excuse my ignorance, I read through the brake fitment thread and still no clearer. Anyone know if I could fit TTRS or RS3 brakes and disks inside 18" RS6-type wheels?

What's the fitment on a non-S3 2.0tfsi? do they require adapters etc?

Cheers people.

Huh, you just got your S3 brakes delivered today, which are bolt on, lol.

I don't think RS6 18's will clear tbh mate given the thickness of the spokes, TD 18's will.

You would need TTRS discs & RS3/TTRS calipers as the RS3 discs are too wide & wont allow caliper to bolt to hubs.

You will laugh but I have a set of RS3/TTRS calipers here I'm possibly selling as I had 2 sets, but you'd need discs/pads.

Reactions: wuta3
Huh, you just got your S3 brakes delivered today, which are bolt on, lol.

I don't think RS6 18's will clear tbh mate given the thickness of the spokes, TD 18's will.

You would need TTRS discs & RS3/TTRS calipers as the RS3 discs are too wide & wont allow caliper to bolt to hubs.

You will laugh but I have a set of RS3/TTRS calipers here I'm possibly selling as I had 2 sets, but you'd need discs/pads.

LOL Nigel! I'm just going over my options again to make sure I made the best decision before bolting these on. Can't afford new wheels atm so that answers that.

You are making my wallet nervous though ... I won't ask you to PM me a price for the TTRS callipers ... :p

lol, just bolt them on you tart, you wont need tt parts either as the 8P setup will hold them no problem :)

You should have a pad sensor on existing brakes on front passenger wheel ready to plug in, if any issues give me a bell.

Reactions: wuta3
You're right. I shall also step away from the mulled wine and ebay ... it will only end badly.

Will the ttrs calipers bolt on without any adaptors to a a3 3.2 ? Also I have rs4 reps 18" 8.5 wide ???

Just a small word of warning, I have seen a few sets of nearly new RS3 / TTRS brakes for sale in different places at what seem like a resonable cost. I am guessing though these are available due the fact Audi are replacing RS3 & TTRS , discs pads and calipers under waranty due to to the awful squeel the origals were making. YOu may get better but noisier brakes!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and wuta3