Help needed in fitting an amp.....

lawrence

Reaction score
Website
www.ntu.ac.uk
hi there, just wondering if anyone fitted an amp into the their car, and if so where did you find a hole to feed the power cable from the battery to the inside of the car?
I had a look myself last night, but could'nt see any holes?
Any help would be great!
cheers

be carfull where you stick you hole or you will have a swiming pool in your car

when i bought my audi the owner before me must of had a amp in it he stuck the cable where the bonnet pull cable goes but he didnt seal the hole so water got intothe car it took me a long time striping the dash and making the the hole water tight

The best place is the ECU box, put a slit into the grommet from under the bonnet and run it thru there. As its so accessable its dead easy to seal up. I have 0wg in mine no problems

Mine comes through under where the pollen filter is and it comes through behind the glove box then i ran it under the trim on the passenger side of the car.

Then under the rear seat into the boot.

Same as Mawhitey - This is the best route. Power down right of car, RCA cables down the left.

absolutely. keep the power and signals seperate.

I would say pop open the ECU box and drill a whole in the bottom of the casing feed the cable up into there and then straight in to the car near the fuse box and then straight to the rear via the seal.

I ran my power cable through the hole in the off side wing where the bonnet mount is, and through the passenger side with all the wiring. It requires a bit of water proofing, but no drilling etc is required!

You don't need to drill the ECU at all there is a spare grommet already there made for the job.