Exhaust and remap?

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
In the near future i will be looking into a exhaust system and remap for my 8p s3. Question is which are the BEST in both situations? Ive heard nothing but good things about revo maps but also been told i really should go for live mapping. ALSO best exhaust system, i am wanting a full turbo back system but question is which make to go for? Im 50/50 with miltek obviously they have their big brand name for a reason i surpose but i also heard that their systems aint a true 3" all the way through which is what i want. Ive heard a place near mine called riverside racing have excellent exhausts and also do your revo remaps. Am i best going one place for exhaust and other place for a live remap or going same place to get their exhaust fitted and a revo whilst im there. Whats the best option worth doing? I want the best to be honest and the most i can get out of it with a stage2!
Thanks for feedback will be appreciated

Just add something else aswell if your going stg2 and possibly stg2+ what clutch is best to go for and will have no troibles with?

From what ive seen it is a matter of choice and aftercare with things like remaps.. so i would choose a tuner you feel you can trust and maybe have a local dealer to you incase of any issues. As for getting your hardware fitted at the same place i don't think it would make a great deal of difference to the quality of the map. I would again choose a garage you trust, is local, and has experience modifying cars.

Most people seem to be running the Loba/Sachs setup or Sachs clutch plate and luk DMF. Some people have helix clutches(S3Alex) any of the above should be good for stage 2+ the dmf setup less resilient to hard abuse however and if you decide to go big turbo you would need a SMF setup.

Exhaust wise i have seen and heard lots of good things about BCS with no reported problems so far. Theyre reasonable priced and you have options for resonated or non res, or powervalve boost actuated noise.

Personally i would have the hardware fitted where they have experience fitting them and once all fitted and working locate a reputable tuner.

From what ive seen it is a matter of choice and aftercare with things like remaps.. so i would choose a tuner you feel you can trust and maybe have a local dealer to you incase of any issues. As for getting your hardware fitted at the same place i don't think it would make a great deal of difference to the quality of the map. I would again choose a garage you trust, is local, and has experience modifying cars.

Most people seem to be running the Loba/Sachs setup or Sachs clutch plate and luk DMF. Some people have helix clutches(S3Alex) any of the above should be good for stage 2+ the dmf setup less resilient to hard abuse however and if you decide to go big turbo you would need a SMF setup.

Exhaust wise i have seen and heard lots of good things about BCS with no reported problems so far. Theyre reasonable priced and you have options for resonated or non res, or powervalve boost actuated noise.

Personally i would have the hardware fitted where they have experience fitting them and once all fitted and working locate a reputable tuner.
Thanks for the great feedback mate id plan on going somewhere local due to hassle if problems and expensive fuel costs lol but i do have few good local places and heard
Nothing but good about RSR

Jack, you could go to riverside and get either a Milltek or their own system (which is the same price as a milltek but is a true 3" turbo back.

I however am going to go to BCS in St Helens and get the power valve system, when i do my exhaust (same price as all of the competition but sounds better IMO)

Remap wise riverside have either their own maps (which isn't a live map btw, theres only like one person in the UK who does live mapping for an S3) or Revo. Riverside will look after you with Revo or their own and use the dyno to set it up perfectly (this isn't live mapping though) Its just used to tweak the generic Revo map to suit it to your needs or the cars. I'll probably go for a Shark map though, £400 for stage 2 against £650 for a Revo, they do have the 20% on but only until the middle of Jan. Revo is generally an aggressive map but Shark is much smoother, has a lot of good reviews from the guys on here!

Up to you though!

In the near future i will be looking into a exhaust system and remap for my 8p s3. Question is which are the BEST in both situations? Ive heard nothing but good things about revo maps but also been told i really should go for live mapping. ALSO best exhaust system, i am wanting a full turbo back system but question is which make to go for? Im 50/50 with miltek obviously they have their big brand name for a reason i surpose but i also heard that their systems aint a true 3" all the way through which is what i want. Ive heard a place near mine called riverside racing have excellent exhausts and also do your revo remaps. Am i best going one place for exhaust and other place for a live remap or going same place to get their exhaust fitted and a revo whilst im there. Whats the best option worth doing? I want the best to be honest and the most i can get out of it with a stage2!

There's nothing wrong with getting a good custom exhaust made,and if your local guys can do that(as AMD have for me),then there's no problems to be seen.

If you do go with an off-the-shelf one,then BCS,Scorpion,and Milltek are about the best.
Mine is a hybrid of Milltek,and AMD,as I don't have a stock downpipe on mine,but the Milletk portion has been on the car for nearly 50 000 miles,and apart from a cracked weld on the backbox(replaced immediately I might add),there have been no complaints at all.

Software.....you now have a wide range to choose from,with Revo,APR,Shark,AMD and others,all with decent experience now on this car.
I chose Revo,and stuck with them for their support,upgrade path,and reliability,but any of the others would also be good,and you know there are plenty of people here using each,and all with decent feedback.

Like all of the decent companies,Revo maps can be tweaked to what you want,and needn't feel aggressive.
A decent tuner should also set your car up initially on the rolling road,and then take it out on the real road,and log it and tweak it there.

Clutches......for STg2/2+,you can use a Sachs organic and LUK DMF, if you want to retain the smoothness of the original setup,but the Sachs needs a fairly decent bedding in before using it hard,and won't cope with drag style starts.

If you want something more robust,then the Loba is a good choice,but it is an SMF setup and will grumble a bit more at idle,although you won't notice it on the move.

Mine is not a Helix,it's Spec Stg3+ clutch,which is probably not what you'd want,as it's a full face carbon metallic clutch more suited to the track,although unlike a Helix paddle clutch,is road friendly.
Personally I would avoid paddle clutches for road use,as they tend to be like switches,i.e.in or out,but nothing in between,and don't think of trying to slip it,as it will protest.

Reactions: S3_Mat

Depending where you are based Rick @ Unicorn Motor Developments does custom mapping, he's based just near Manchester and offers a great service, depending on what you want. But as mentioned there are many other such as Revo, APR, Shark, AMD etc.

For hardware Awesome GTI are also very knowledgable and can offer help on what options there are.

For an exhaust the BCS powervalve is a no brainer IMO, turbo back of course :)

You get an exhaust that isnt boomy on the motorway and when you want it to go loud then you just open up the throttle and it does!

For an exhaust the BCS powervalve is a no brainer IMO, turbo back of course :)

You get an exhaust that isnt boomy on the motorway and when you want it to go loud then you just open up the throttle and it does!
Turbo back is the only option from BCS, I'm going to have to see if the Mrs will allow me to use some house fund to get one :faint:

Id check out Shark if I was you but there website seems to be down at the minute.