8V VCDS Mods

Is TPMS sensors pre-built into every 8V???? You can just enable it with VCDS????
Audi uses and indirect / passive monitoring system via the ABS module. No sensors needed :)

Edit: It's based on wheel speed. Deflating wheel = Spins Faster.

Reactions: Rob2k68, larbel and SW14NY'S
Does the mirror dip actually work?

Hi bud,

It didn't - but I unticked byte 1 - which you had suggested might be needed;

"Passenger Mirror Dip while Reverse Gear is Selected
In addition to you're coding you will need the following in order to make sure that the needed positions are stored:
  • Byte 4 > Bit 1 = Active (Mirror Memory Function (with Memory Seats) installed/active"
Worked perfectly after that.

Can I just confirm - I've only got 29 bytes in my ABS module - will TMPS work if I activate it?

Reactions: DJAlix
yes it will work use these... and follow all the other steps below

Origional Code

10F18AA220230A730178060001C6290851045080608094F20279000405

Changed to:
10F18AA220230A730178060001C6290851045080608094F20279003485

Module 5F

Activate these next ones:
(56) vehicle_menu-operation-menu_display_rdk
(13) vehicle_function list BAP; extension-tite_pressure_system_0x07

Module 17 Instruments
Coding -> Long coding.
Byte 4 check bit 0

Reset MMI (Menu + OK + Right up button) press them it the order shown and release immidiately

Start engine, leave it 1 min, then turn off ignition.

Go to Menu -> Car -> Systems -> Service control -> (it should be there)

Hi bud,

It didn't - but I unticked byte 1 - which you had suggested might be needed;

"Passenger Mirror Dip while Reverse Gear is Selected
In addition to you're coding you will need the following in order to make sure that the needed positions are stored:
  • Byte 4 > Bit 1 = Active (Mirror Memory Function (with Memory Seats) installed/active"
Worked perfectly after that.

Can I just confirm - I've only got 29 bytes in my ABS module - will TMPS work if I activate it?
Interesting. I have Mirror dip from factory and have Bit 1 enabled and have not seen any issues so far when activating on other cars.

As @Kalashnikov says, just miss off Byte 30 (08) :)

Thanks both - worked perfectly for both.

For some reason I've tried coding the service option for the wipers a couple of times and for some reason it doesn't show up in the MMI even after resetting it a couple of times :/ any thoughts?

For some reason I've tried coding the service option for the wipers a couple of times and for some reason it doesn't show up in the MMI even after resetting it a couple of times :/ any thoughts?
What car / year do you have?

The only car I have not been able to code this on was a 2015 A3 1.4COD with Standard MMI + SDNav but have been able to code on other 2015 cars without issue.

Edit: I believe it's not needed in this case but sometimes entering the security access code anyway helps to get things working. Make sure all your doors are closed but not locked and your windows are up. Engine on and off sometimes makes a difference also.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Hmm, it requires the security code and I've tried it with engine running and off now and it doesn't seem to work.

It's a 2013 S-Line TDI

• 5F - Information Elect
  • Adaptations
  • (56) vehicle_menu-operation-menu_display_rdk = Activated
  • (13) vehicle_function list BAP; extension-tite_pressure_system_0x07 = Activated
  • 17 - Instruments
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 4
  • Bit 0 = Enable
  • 03 - ABS Brakes
  • Coding
  • 12F162A220280A6D017D060301C4294846045080608094F2027900348508
*Note: Only change Bytes 28 and 29, single digits. The 08 on the end of this coding = Byte 30, which is not present on some cars.
  1. Disconnect VCDS
  2. Reset MMI
  3. Turn Off Ignition
  4. Start Engine and leave for 1 min before turning off the engine again.
  5. Turn ignition to 1st position.
  6. Test by going to the MMI Service Menu.

I just went out and tried this... Here's my code:

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 379 AA HW: 5Q0 907 379 G
Component: ESC H31 0457
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 60844000000D4E
Coding: 31F193A254232A730177070741C8698CC92A5480E08296F6004100080608
Shop #: WSC 06385 790 00016
ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB 033001
ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod
VCID: 7B102563FAEAF8CA90EC1A-802F

So I changed the 2 5F and 17 to Activated and Enable, but when I tried to change the long coding on 03, it says out of range error or something like that and wouldn't let me apply it... I reset the MMI anyway, and got the TPMS shown up on the MMI but greyed out...

Here's the code I tried 31F193A254232A730177070741C8698CC92A5480E08296F6004100388608 Not sure if I entered it wrong or something, it was getting late over here so I gave up, will give it another try tomorrow, but any idea about out of range error or did I just messed up counting LOL

Also, on 17 long code, is it normal for S3 NOT to have Bit 7 All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) Installed checked??? I saw SW14NY'S picture and also on mine, both are not checked????

Just a thought... You sure you're looking at the right place? It should be Menu -> Car -> Systems -> Service control -> and not just Meun -> Setup MMI -> Again... just a thought..

Hmm, it requires the security code and I've tried it with engine running and off now and it doesn't seem to work.

It's a 2013 S-Line TDI
The only other thing I can suggest would be to set the needed adaptation channel to Active, tick the Soft Reset option at the bottom of the screen, then the Do It button.

I just went out and tried this... Here's my code:

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 379 AA HW: 5Q0 907 379 G
Component: ESC H31 0457
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 60844000000D4E
Coding: 31F193A254232A730177070741C8698CC92A5480E08296F6004100080608
Shop #: WSC 06385 790 00016
ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB 033001
ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100IPB_AU37.rod
VCID: 7B102563FAEAF8CA90EC1A-802F

So I changed the 2 5F and 17 to Activated and Enable, but when I tried to change the long coding on 03, it says out of range error or something like that and wouldn't let me apply it... I reset the MMI anyway, and got the TPMS shown up on the MMI but greyed out...

Here's the code I tried 31F193A254232A730177070741C8698CC92A5480E08296F6004100388608 Not sure if I entered it wrong or something, it was getting late over here so I gave up, will give it another try tomorrow, but any idea about out of range error or did I just messed up counting LOL

Also, on 17 long code, is it normal for S3 NOT to have Bit 7 All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) Installed checked??? I saw SW14NY'S picture and also on mine, both are not checked????
Did you enter the Long Coding Helper to make the changes or did you cut / paste the original coding and then edit the digit string in the Long Coding screen?

Did you enter the Long Coding Helper to make the changes or did you cut / paste the original coding and then edit the digit string in the Long Coding screen?

Copy and paste then edit, but then, I only tired it couple of times real quick since it was late over here, could be just miscounting... Will find out tomorrow when I try it again :p And I first thought I have 29 byte, but it looks now I have 30 so it really could be miscounting...

Copy and paste then edit, but then, I only tired it couple of times real quick since it was late over here, could be just miscounting... Will find out tomorrow when I try it again :p And I first thought I have 29 byte, but it looks now I have 30 so it really could be miscounting...

Oh I had this issue when copying the long code from the forum.

I worked around this by copying the original code in VCDS and then changing the codes as required and it worked.

I've been hunting but can't find it - what options can I add into the MMI? I'd like to add some lighting options - such as enabling tourist mode through the MMI.

Thanks
Alex

Oh I had this issue when copying the long code from the forum.

I worked around this by copying the original code in VCDS and then changing the codes as required and it worked.

I've been hunting but can't find it - what options can I add into the MMI? I'd like to add some lighting options - such as enabling tourist mode through the MMI.

Thanks
Alex
Not been able to find MMI Tourist mode as a Menu for the Standard MMI with Halogen or Xenon Lights. I believe LED lights have this Menu from factory.

The PDF within my signature has an External Lighting Menu guide if you don't already have it.

Well I've just had a good bash at coding some things to my car and was semi successful.

Still can't get the DRLs to come on when I unlock the car and I tried a few things to see if it would work and for some reason that option for having the wipers in service position won't come up in the MMI.

So I'll keep trying.

If anyone works it out, I'd love the following;

- Oil level in the MMI (not temp, but level) - although I'm unsure if the car has a level sensor on it
- DRLs coming on when I unlock the car.

Aside from that I've done pretty much everything that I want!

Alex - what bits did you need to buy in order to retrofit auto lights? I did find your summary a few pages back, was it;

- Light sensor - 8U0 955 559 B
- Light switch - 8V0 941 531 L

Anything else? I couldn't find the gel pad or the spring on ebay :(

I got TPMS to work just now, it was my miscounting last night I guess :p I too, almost got everything I want from VCDS except for voice control, the one thing I needed the most... It just won't work no matter what I tried, my car has MMI Radio and Bluetooth, no Navi, in theory it should have SDS right? The steering wheel does have Talk button, so just matter of finding the right code?

And on 17 long code, is it normal for S3 NOT to have Bit 7 All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) Installed checked??? I saw SW14NY'S picture and also on mine, both are not checked????

Well I've just had a good bash at coding some things to my car and was semi successful.

Still can't get the DRLs to come on when I unlock the car and I tried a few things to see if it would work and for some reason that option for having the wipers in service position won't come up in the MMI.

So I'll keep trying.

If anyone works it out, I'd love the following;

- Oil level in the MMI (not temp, but level) - although I'm unsure if the car has a level sensor on it
- DRLs coming on when I unlock the car.

Aside from that I've done pretty much everything that I want!

Alex - what bits did you need to buy in order to retrofit auto lights? I did find your summary a few pages back, was it;

- Light sensor - 8U0 955 559 B
- Light switch - 8V0 941 531 L

Anything else? I couldn't find the gel pad or the spring on ebay :(

Oil Level seems no possible unfortunately. I managed to find the adaptations for it but I am guessing we are missing some hardware.

For Auto Lights / Wipers / CH and Leaving Lights Automatic you will need:
  • Rain Light Humidity Sensor - 8U0 955 559 B
  • 32mm Gel Pad
  • Light Switch with Auto Position - I used an "L" but any with Auto will work as long as it has all the additional buttons you need such as fog lights. I have a "Q" you can have cheap if you want :)
  • No spring is needed as you can reuse the existing one.
After that its just a little coding with VCDS. 45mins max job :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
I got TPMS to work just now, it was my miscounting last night I guess :p I too, almost got everything I want from VCDS except for voice control, the one thing I needed the most... It just won't work no matter what I tried, my car has MMI Radio and Bluetooth, no Navi, in theory it should have SDS right? The steering wheel does have Talk button, so just matter of finding the right code?

And on 17 long code, is it normal for S3 NOT to have Bit 7 All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) Installed checked??? I saw SW14NY'S picture and also on mine, both are not checked????
Good stuff :)

SDS is on my list to work out. Just need a car without it to visit me, but most in the UK come with SDS as standard so might be a long wait. Will see if I can find anything tho and update.

As for 17 > Byte 4 > Bit 7 AWD, that seems normal. Just looked through a number of S3 scans I have on file and non of them have this Bit enabled.

Have I missed any good VCDS mods in my 16 plate ?, i have already activated

Oil gauge
Unlocking/ Locking beep
DVD unlock
Wiper service mode

The car has reverse camera , magnetic dampers, LED headlights B@O, top Nav , TPMS, etc, just wondered if i have missed anything interesting ?

TIA

Oil gauge
Unlocking/ Locking beep
DVD unlock
Wiper service mode

The car has reverse camera , magnetic dampers, LED headlights B@O, top Nav , TPMS, etc, just wondered if i have missed anything interesting ?

TIA
DVD unlock?

Check out the PDF linked in my signature for more :)

Enable / disable the Eject Lock CD I mean, i did look at all those in your sig, i just wondered if there was more.

So... I was doing some googling about 8V voice control and came across an old A5/S5 thread where people can activating the voice command for the telephone part? That's all I'm looking since I don't have factory navi anyway... It's 1am over here and couldn't go to the car and verify, but will these work for 8V or do we even have these codings?

Select Control Module -> Electronics 1 -> 77-Telephone -> Coding -> And a pop up bubble with different language code settings? Defult is "Voice Control OFF"???

And then was reading somewhere people was saying could get seat position to store with individual key fob on MQB? Was this ever verified with 8V? :grimacing:

Oil gauge
Unlocking/ Locking beep
DVD unlock
Wiper service mode

TIA

This ...,

Oil gauge
Unlocking/ Locking beep
DVD unlock
Wiper service mode

TIA

This is what I have active currently :-

Oil temp display in DIS.
Audible lock/unlock.
Visual confirmation of comfort closing.
HBA on speed 32kph was 58kph.
HBA off speed 24kph was 28kph.
Seat heating reducing from 3 to 2 after 8 minutes. Was 10 minutes.
DRL's off when headlamp switch to 0.
Stop Start disabled. Voltage mod was 7.6v.
Auto summer time clock adjust.
Wiper service position MMI menu option.
Auto front PDC activation.
Rear DRLs.
Pulsing Front DRLs whilst indicating.
Headlamp wash frequency 16. Was 8.
Headlamp main beam brightness 127. Was 100.
Exhaust flaps always open.

What's this one Rob?......how do you do this

www.supercarsofscotland.co.uk
Twitter: @supercarsofSCOT
Instagram: supercarsofscotland_uk

Keeps the exhaust flaps open regardless of drive select mode - sounds meatier but not for everyone can sound a bit drony at 50-70 but I like it ;o) ....

Exhaust valve permanently open
Module 01 Engine
Long Coding
Byte 9
Bit 2 Exhaust valve installed (untick)

How do you get on with the "Auto front PDC activation." ?? , also what does the "Rear DRLs." look like ?, i.e which lights do they use

How do you get on with the "Auto front PDC activation." ?? , also what does the "Rear DRLs." look like ?, i.e which lights do they use

You should find it in DJ Alix's PDF linked in his sig.

Rear DRLs are just the normal rear lights as if you had them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should find it in DJ Alix's PDF linked in his sig.

No i mean how does it work day to day ?, i miss it from my MK7 R ?

Oh sorry, misread. I really like it.
You have to get quite close for it to kick in, so it doesn't annoy you in traffic etc as you shouldn't be stopping that close behind someone else.
One of the best tweaks I've done. I also missed it from my Mrs Octavia vRS

How did you get this to work "Auto front PDC activation." I have tried but couldn't get it.

This is what I have active currently :-

Oil temp display in DIS.
Audible lock/unlock.
Visual confirmation of comfort closing.
HBA on speed 32kph was 58kph.
HBA off speed 24kph was 28kph.
Seat heating reducing from 3 to 2 after 8 minutes. Was 10 minutes.
DRL's off when headlamp switch to 0.
Stop Start disabled. Voltage mod was 7.6v.
Auto summer time clock adjust.
Wiper service position MMI menu option.
Auto front PDC activation.
Rear DRLs.
Pulsing Front DRLs whilst indicating.
Headlamp wash frequency 16. Was 8.
Headlamp main beam brightness 127. Was 100.
Exhaust flaps always open.

This works for me

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle[/U][/B]
Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Try resetting the MMI afterwards?

Oh sorry, misread. I really like it.
You have to get quite close for it to kick in, so it doesn't annoy you in traffic etc as you shouldn't be stopping that close behind someone else.
One of the best tweaks I've done. I also missed it from my Mrs Octavia vRS

Cool, off out do do it now LOL

Last edited:
This works for me

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle[/U][/B]
Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Try resetting the MMI afterwards?

Thanks, did i read this wont do the visual bit on the MMI ?, if not does the visual work as normal when in reverse ?