my a4 1.8T is missing big time when hot , coilpack??????

jamesey

Reaction score
hi only just started today but its been a cold day today the coldest its been since ive had the a4 but i drove it quite hard and it goes from tickover to about 3000rpm and it misses and runs on 3 cylinders for a few seconds then its ok till the next time , ive pulled the coil packs off and one of them is really hot for some reason , ive got 2 bosch and 2 non discript , the car is a 2002 with 165k on it , would it still quallify for a coil recall if its that
i had the engine light flashing while it was missing if anyone can help my engines a avj and the codes were 16804,had this for a while but comes back after clearing , the next 3 are new today 16684 , 16687 & 16891 , please help lol thanks

Are you using VCDS to read the codes?

Which coil is getting hot? OEM Bosch or unbranded one? What condition are the plugs in?

Dan

hi im using a orange code reader that i got off ebay for my vws ive had in the past , also its a non gen coilpack getting hot on cylinder 3
the plugs were changed 3 weeks ago (new) not checked since , should i check the hot one on c3 for anything? , i suppose i can swap things around?
forgot to mention i had oil blow out of the back of the head again and drip on my cat , ive had this before and the breathers were blocked , i took the breathers off today and there seemed to be lots of watery stuff and gunk in them , i believe that fault 16891 is something to do with this , i took the prv off just above the turbo and cleaned this out , it was gummed up with sludge .

good news the recall hasnt been done on my car but the trouble is ive got 2 bosch genuines and non genuines and its one of the non gens thats at fault , they said they would only change the genuine ones for me i could do with 2 more faulty gens to pop in has anyone got any to send me please.lol
today it did it again and the eng light flashed it said 16687 cylinder 3 missfire so i swapped the coil pack with cylinder 1 and cleared the fault , and later today it came up with a flashing light again and a fault code of 16685 cylinder 1 , has anyone got 1? cheers