What do you all think of this?

Quattro-Nick

Reaction score
Hi folks have posted in the welcome section but on another member advice I am going to post in here as well. I am possibly going to be getting my first Audi having owned various different cars over my 4 years on the road.

What do you all think of this car?
Audi A3 2.0 T FSI Quattro Sport 5dr **SAT NAV+LEATHER+F/S/H**

Also have any of you any previous experience with the dealer or know anyone who has?
Used Cars Swanley, Used Car Dealer in Kent | C S A

Any help will be much appreciated. I have pretty much decided I want the 2.0 TFSI Quattro. What things should I be looking for when looking around these cars?

Nick

I know it says it's been changed but it should be due it's 2nd timing belt/water pump this year, worth a check.
Quick car for the £, the seats are not most folks cup of tea though.

I personally think the cream leather is too much. Full service history, 2 Previous, 2 keys all good points

Thanks for your responses. I love the cream leather I had it on a golf GT TDI in the past. Do you know if the seats would be heated as it doesnt say they are but it is strange to find leather now days without heated isnt it? Also with regards to the cambelt, if it has only had one but that was within say the last year is that ok? Or can it be an issue down the line because it has only had one???

Nick

Cambelts should be changed on time as well as distance. Think it's 5 years or 75k miles so it should be coming up to its second time wise.

Right ok. But say it had been done in the last year but hadnt been done at the correct interval around 2010, would that be an issue or cause me any problems??

Nick

Belt will be good for 5 years from when it was done.
Could have been done late so you might get another year or two out of it.
Got to worry about folk not doing it on time though, if they scrimp on that they'll defo scrimp on everything else too.
i.e crap tyres, non OE brakes/filters etc.

Have now spoke to them. Cambelt was done 15-2-2010 @ 40kmiles. So basically I will have to get it done in a years time or 8k miles is that correct?

Salesman on the phone was hardly polite nor particularly keen to sell. Tempted to leave it....

Yeah you've got just over a year left.
I'm thinking the satnav & front bumper have been retrofitted, both too new for a 54 plate I think.

Go with your gut feeling too. You've had some good advise of here. Have a good look round before you get one, look at a few and you'll soon find one that's right and feels good. Some people search for ages and miles to find the perfect car