What do you all think?!!!

harvey183

Reaction score
Hi all, over the next month i'm going to do a few bits to my facelift s3, after much huming and haring!:uhm: this is what i have decided on, just intrested in all your views and advice please?

!9" reps 8x19 et42 Goodyear eagle F1 ***'s
Panel filter
Revo stage 1
H&R ARB's
KW variant 3 coilovers
Short shift kit

Do I change the exhaust or not?
Should I go for 225 or 235 tyres?

Any comments welcome! Thankyou:thumbsup:

Starting as you mean to go Harvey - like it.

Sounds like a plan - what 19's you going for? I assume the RS4's?

I'm sure you'll get the answers on the tyres.

I'd channge the exhaust personally - just for the extra noise. I love the sound of the non resonated Miltk, but its a personal choice thing I suppose and all depends on how far your going with the car (and you bank balance ;) ) Then there is the question of cat back of full turbo back. Questions question questions.

I'm very tempted to start with mine (S3 Sportback) thinking of maybe a little lower and some wheels to start with, but need to wait until the bank balance goes up a bit.

Plus I just cant decide on what wheels at present - I prefer BBS style, but also think the RS4's suit the car more so?

ARB's are a must, stuck on my car only rear so far & damn alot more fun round corners now, so can only imagine what front on will do & on an S3 aswell

Thanks for the advice R88PER! I'm thinking Cat back non res miltek, do they really sound that good though? I'm not saying what rep wheels im afraid, if it looks good when its done then will post pics if not will cry!:banghead:

come on harvey what wheels it dosent matter if you get neg comment its best to know than make a mistake pal thats what forums are for

Well thats what im thinkin so far but could all change! lol

oh yeah reeper that sounds nice its gone be on my list lol

Go 225 on the tyres!

A few members have ET50 BBS ans they rub so with ET42 - defo 225 tyres (or thinner) and remove the rear bumper screw from the arch andtrim the arch ligner.

And yes, would advise an exhaust change. Get a turbo back for the optimum results!

If you change the fuel filter, air filter, exhaust and i may have missed something, you can get a revo stage 2 or custom map and your car will have around 350ish bhp.
Just a thought :D

Just hope it will all turn out ok, just hope I don't get any rubbing!:ermm:

from what i could gather with et44 people didn't get too many problems with rubbing so didn't think i would be too far out with et42 and 225 tyres?

is there a thread on arch liner trimming and the screw and how much is a custom map and who does them and last of all what fuels filter where do they go how much are they i dont know anything about this sort of stuff ......

Go 225 on the tyres!

A few members have ET50 BBS ans they rub so with ET42 - defo 225 tyres (or thinner) and remove the rear bumper screw from the arch andtrim the arch ligner.

And yes, would advise an exhaust change. Get a turbo back for the optimum results!

If you change the fuel filter, air filter, exhaust and i may have missed something, you can get a revo stage 2 or custom map and your car will have around 350ish bhp.
Just a thought :D

Remap - £500ish. Get on the phone to Awesome GTI - They'll sort you out.

Our old LCR was runing stage 2 280+bhp and it was a f000000kn beast! They're top notch at this stuff. Simon was the guy that helped us - they're on here too in advertisers section - pm them and they'll be able to help you.

There is a thread on teh arch stuff but cant find it :S

@ Harvey - standard A3 wheels are 225 so you should be ok but I'm running 225/40/18 offset 45 and they catch on the rear arch with fat people in the back but not sure on what - need to take a closer look.

thanks kaz ... fat people lol ... laughing at that

A couple of good places to start would be jonnyc and S3 Big Andy's build threads,and also dropping them a PM as well as Iggu helped me a lot when I started on mine.

I've also found Shaun at AMD to be extremely helpful,as well as saving me laying out cash on things I didn't really need.

I've gone for the Revo2+ and Autotech fuel pump,and I would think the H&R ARB kit and KW v3s will be next,as well as perhaps changing the brake pads.

Changing the exhaust is essential,and I think almost everyone has the Miltek.

Thanks for the advice S3Alex! was planning to get the work done at AMD, as for 350bhp don't really want to get there just yet as don't want to be putting a clutch in it! lol!

Thanks for the advice S3Alex! was planning to get the work done at AMD, as for 350bhp don't really want to get there just yet as don't want to be putting a clutch in it! lol!

No probs...I've found so many guys here willing to help and give advice,it's about time I was able to give a bit back in return,and to put some work Shaun's way if I can.

Before the Stage2+ remap,mine was producing about 360lbs of torque,on the stock clutch,without any problems as yet.

I wouldn't say the torque has gone up,but the power has definitely smoothed out a bit with the new pump,and hopefully I may be getting to grips with the misfire problem I've had,which is looking like an injector problem.

If the clutch does give up,then I'll head for a Sachs clutch and would consider the Sachs clutch/single mass flywheel option,having had similar clutches on cars with higher torque and power before.

I wanted to keep the engine bay relatively standard as I still have a long way to run on the warranty,and my local dealer has made their position on almost any upgrades very clear.

Anyway....have a good chat with Shaun...he's a very nice chap,and knows his stuff,and best of all,won't waste your money.
It's been quite a while since I've met someone running a business like his,who really does have the customer at heart...the last was Graham Hathaway,when I was driving Cosworths.