Locking Wheel nut options.

s3ajy

Reaction score
Bascily....the locking wheel nut provided for my car (private sale) doesnt fit, the style of the key is correct (multi splined type jobbie) but its too big!

So basicly....what are my options, slim chance that this the locking wheel nut that was supplied by Audi back in 2003 so going to Audi will be aq long shot.

Any one have any options? The rear of the car has extended bolts due to the spacers so i can remove the rear wheels....just the fronts im having issues with.

Thanks in advance.

Your best hope is its an original Audi locking bolt. There weren't too many combinations of these (8 I think) and there seem to be just 2 really common ones.

My S3, Mk4 golf, A4 B5 and mothers Polo GT all came with the same locking key!!

If you have mates with VAG cars of a similar age and the bolts are original it shouldn't be too hard to find a match.

Cheers for the info....ill take a picture of it and see what peoples opinions are...if its OEM or not!

thanks!

OEM locking bolts are splined... a good tyre fitters should have a master tool to remove the bolt if need be... I think there are a few hoops to jump through trying to get one from a dealer though due to the 'security' aspect

McGard do locking bolts of differing lengths to allow you to use them with spacers... you would normally buy a set that are the longest you need (normally for the rears) then cut down two bolts for the fronts (typically smaller spacers so need to be shorter)

General info can be found here...
Bolt Style

Also make sure you get the right seat type for your wheels... radius is typically OE wheels, taper is aftermarket..

<tuffty/>