My first post...Anti lift kit

Rhyss

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wouldn't say I'm new to this site because I've been using it for the past 6 months or so, just never got round to introducing myself or posting a thread. I can usually find most the info I need from previous posts, but I thought it's time I joined in.

I have a 2006 a3 sportback, since owning it I've done most the mods cosmetically I need. As I'm 19 unfortunately I can only insure a 1.6 fsi, so straight line thrills isnt really in the question, but that dosent mean I can have fun round the bends!!

Ive decided I'm going to get the whiteline rear anti roll bar for definite and have been reading up on the the anti lift kit. I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on this kit...is it a worthwhile mod? And are there any downsides along with it?

Cheers, Rhys

Hi rhys, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the boys be along shortly with some helpful advice. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: Rhyss
Welcome fella!!!!!

It's a fantastic forum with a wealth of knowledge

Reactions: Rhyss, S3Alex and Sandra
No real downsides other than fitting costs but it's not a huge benefit.
Good and useful but all part of upgrading the whole suspension.

thanks for the reply :)
fitting costs isn't really an issue as i would do it myself, only extra cost would be alignment.
would you recommend it?

thanks for the reply :)
fitting costs isn't really an issue as i would do it myself, only extra cost would be alignment.
would you recommend it?

I'd be more inclined to do the ARBs and maybe a decent set of coilovers first.

I think the single biggest difference is the ARBs followed by coilovers.

yes im 100% getting the white line rear anti roll bar (thats after my insurance renewal is out of the way lol) and possibly the bilstein b12 prokit in the future. just hoping the improvement from the ARB will keep my happy enough until then haha

Reactions: Stakeknife
i have the 2006 SB and accquired a WL kit to go on as well. from what I have read over the forums ARB's with it will be a good thing, I am just deciding on which ones would be best. I am not going coillies route but have lowered 35mm all round so far.

How do you find the springs? Improvement handling wise? I've never really been too keen on replacing springs without matching dampers if I'm honest

I used to do the same but getting good dampers for the SB is a pain due to the quattro a lot of sites dont mention them or I cant see them lol. the springs have been good ride seems better but not sure if its due to the allignment at the same time. ideally wanted the koni FSD that i had on my leon FR

It all depends what you're after I suppose, if I where you I'd wait and see what improvement the arb makes (like me haha)
I've heard nothing but good comments, eibach and h&r are supposed to be good , the whiteline also gets good reviews, price is good too, but I've also read that they don't particularly take too well to our British weather with the standard coat, so I might see how much it would cost to get it powder coated Matt black, also keeps it oem lookin which I Prefere

Been doing some research and apparently the harder bushing on the ALK wears the other OEM bushes out a lot faster, anyone had any experience with this?