Picked up my new car!

It's all about waiting on that gloss protector to cure! Haha
06c627df15c1412ba6060ef595cc7a1f.jpg

Also I think this should be the next mod for the Audi haha
573b9c3838dd65ec9f7c5f6d43376034.jpg

Reactions: Ro55
It's autoglym gloss protector. Apply it after a wash and polish! Its a liquid product that you squirt on a damp cloth and apply loosely / lightly. Buff off after 30mins to an hour. Repels water brilliantly and protects the polish whilst adding extra shine lol

Get them cheaper than that! AG are good im on the dodo atm

I havent actually got a pic of it mounted but i traveled alot in my d2 and was really good.

Attachments

• mint edit99.jpg
    mint edit99.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: barkclark
Jealous man! I bet it was good! We have a trailer tent and love it! Obviously I don't have the fiesta anymore haha.
d26f254ff52c529678e3d88b607ba980.jpg

I was going to also say 12v socket.

Are you able to pull it out enough to see how thick the wires going to it are..........if reasonably thick then they will be power, but if thin then that plug is also used for audio too

Put a tester on it.if its perm live its your 12v.im pretty sure its 12v to either that or antenna booster,but if your radio is working ok i doubt it.only things up there is antenna 12v socket and fuel flap lock mech.and amp but thats plugged in.

Not alot been happening here as usual. Just been going to festivals and some short holidays with our new caravan!
3413ad8320f4a81fc5c3beb461ba1773.jpg
c320d54bd19d260278db0c6d8f6f72b7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ruffrida
Anyone got an idea of how much my genuine 18" Audi Caressa Alloys are worth? Three are in pretty decent nick and 1 is quite badly curbed. They have 225/40 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 rubber fitted with very little wear! As far as I've discorvered the Caressa Alloys are quite rare alloys? Not that it would add anymore value haha. Cheers

Changed over my Coolant Temp Sensor. Thank god I have skinny arms haha. Don't think it's cured the 70 temp reading, but I'll soon see on the run home from work! If not that only leaves the thermostat to change which I have sitting in my car. Happy days!

Changed over the stat this morning! After a small hiccup I got the new one in! Happy days! I'll report back on the (hopefully)slight mpg increase!
c399676f5aa94f73f890cae5f480dfe3.jpg

Initially £20 of £1.189 regular diesel returned about 38mpg. Sad face!
Now running some £1.32 BP premium diesel to see what I get. So far it's looking to return above 42mpg, but working out at the same price per mile between the two.

I was hoping the CTS & Stat change would have made a bigger difference. Early days though. Need to take an average mpg over the next few weeks to see.

Need to de-gunk my egr and intake again too.

Last edited:
I think the CTS and stat change has helped the running of my car ALOT;

Last fuel before changes;
Standard £20@£1.18 - 141miles - 38mpg
Cost; 0.141p p/mile

After;
Premium £20@£1.32 - 182miles - 55mpg
Cost; 0.109p p/mile

Definite improvement seeing as I've only seen over 50mpg once before this and that was on a very looong motorway run. The above is about 50% motorway and 50% town / A-roads.
Happy days!

Last edited:
Another weekend, another holiday! :)
I also think I am now having problems since the CTS/Stat/Coolant change which I'll report back on later.
011630b862505291335bbb85cdca25fd.jpg
b3dbd8efd8600618bd0234d16565a260.jpg

For a week an a half after I replaced my thermostat the car ran at 90, I was getting great mpg and all was good. Then it died again. Worse than before. It would barely move off of 50 over my 8 mile commute to work!

Stripped it down and found the culprit!
95eb17fa037a5bdeefa4793221475eb5.jpg

All back together and back at 90 again!

Just ordered some Diesel Rhino today. Not expecting to see too much of a difference as I have been seeing some decent runs / mpg figures (+50mpg) recently. Will only cost a few quid extra per tank, so any small mpg / performance increases will suit me fine! Plenty of success story's so I'll soon see!

Put my first 60ml of DR into 20l of standard supermarket diesel earlier today. Already I've noticed it's quieter on tickover. Placebo or not, who knows. I will report back on any further findings after I've ran it for a while!

Recently had a scare, thought the turbo was done. As I thought I had very low oil. But it turns out I only lost less than 1ltr over 10000 miles which isn't too bad?
Anyways, I topped it up, but will be doing a proper service soon!

As for diesel rhino, all seems good on that front. Consistently getting 50-55mpg, where I previously got mid 40's. Although the new thermostat and sensor replacement would have had the most impact here!
It pulls hard with zero smoke! Impressive for a car on 170,000. I remember back when I first got it, I pulled onto the motorway outside the lake district and the lorry behind me disappeared with the amount of smoke haha!
The pull does sort of die off about 3.5k revs though, but a I've heard a decent conservative remap should see it pull all the way!
Might be seeing things through rose tinted specs as it's been the first day driving it after it being off the road for over a month! Haha

Okay so I have been absent for quite some time on this forum after selling the car about a year ago!

So long story(stories) short, I sold the Audi to get myself a van to convert into a campervan as seen below. Conversion currently still in progress:

IMG 20170306 115735 9391

During that process, I split up with an ex girlfriend and ended up lumbered with her s**t Peugeot 108. So that was swiftly traded in for the best thing I could get for the situation I was stuck in. Don't hold it against me haha, see below:

IMG 20170104 173120 2751

After lowering it and adding bigger 17 inch Audi alloys, I just couldn't get myself to like it. not a bad car, just wasn't my thing! So after 11 months of ownership it was traded in for a car I really wanted...... an Audi B8 A4 3.0TDi!!

IMG 20170427 195745 4131

Happy days. So it seems ill need to continue my story over on the B8 side of the forum.
Peace out!

Reactions: DieselJake