Car's in for service

madmike01uk

Reaction score
took it in yesterday for a annual service, multitronic oil change it's been 25k since last one so don't want to push my luck (I know it's supposed to be 40k) cruise control fitted and an Oil leak fixed. It's stuck there are the new sccm they installed for the cruise wiped all the abs settings, apparently it's faulty so they are having to reinstall my old one and redo all the coding. They also said the rear brake pipes were heavily perished so are changing these. He also said there were pools of oil at the back of the engine from where the oil was leaking out of the VVT half moon seal, hoping this will put an end to my oil top ups lol.

Advisories are drop links, front brake pipes and one of the hydro??? engine mounts leaking? I'm going to wait to have this done as with the money I lost on the cruise control kit and having kerbed a mint alloy that will cost £70 to repair I ain't feeling too flush.

Having spent out this much and hopefully with the oil consumption issue sorted it looks like the Audi will stay another year, was going to get an M3 but can't justify flogging her yet.

Hoping the multitronic continues to give me no hassle, especially after some nice fresh oil, it really is a fantastic gearbox (touch wood)

Mike

it's still in, apparently changing the VVT half moon is a bigger job than they thought, although their guide says to remove the cam belt which I told them shouldn't be necessary. Having just shelled out £280 on tax I hope this all don't cost too much more than quoted.

Wow that is one hefty service but getting all perished stuff sorted is always good to do and you will probably feel the difference with some of the bits being done.
What engine is this on specifically?

Is this Audi?I know the half moon can be changed easily on the 1.8T in the S3 cos my son and his mates do this and also the cover gasket and it doesn't take long.

it's the 1.8t 190 BEX engine, apparently their guide show taking the cambelt off to then lock the cam, they are going to bypass this step to save time, their tool has gone missing so car won't be ready till tomorrow. They have also got the cruise control to code so I will be a happy boy.

Hoping for the bill to be under £550. Car is sweet as a nut before hand (apart from leaking oil) It's more preventative, I like my cars to be tip top.

Just fitted cruise on mine. God it was a pain recoding the ABS module. Nothing is faulty. It loses all code when the slip ring is disconnected.