7 day insurance

PDA3

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hopefully collecting my new A3 this week, do I need to do anything in advance to be covered by the Audi 7 day insurance? Or does it just get sorted by the dealer?

Thanks

You have to ring them to set it up, my dealer sent me an email with all the info on

I did mine at the dealership when I went to collect the car, takes about 15min to answer all of the questions...

I phoned up approximately 5 days prior to picking mine up on the 1st. Phoned them up, need the reg and they also asked for a dealer code and salesman/ woman's name. Then it was setup.

Easy. Had to laugh at their annual quote though. ~£300 more than my insurance!.

I'm not sure I see the point of using the Audi 7 day insurance?
I just phoned LV, my existing insurer, gave them the car details and they emailed a cover note to the dealer. No delay when picking up the car as everything was pre-sorted.

Last edited:
Some insurers will only allow you to change the insurance over at midnight, with no overlap. So either you're uninsured driving to the dealership, or uninsured driving away. Some are a bit more sensible :)

I just phoned LV, my existing insurer, gave them the car details and they emailed a cover note to the dealer. No delay when picking up the car as everything was pre-sorted.

It started before the insurance companies were happy to email a cover to either you or the dealer. This mean they had to send the cover note to you by post and you had to take it to the dealers before the car could be registered. With the insurance companies happy to email a cover note straight to the dealer this problem has gone away.

I'm currently insured with LV so I will probably do the same as you.

Why not, gives you 7 days whilst you have your new car to sort out your own. If you do it at the point of collecting the car then if there is a delay of any sorts you've not lost out...

I collected the car at 0800 and that was when insurance cover swapped over. 6 and a half years ago when I purchased the last one via DTD the cover note was sent to Audi Dundee so the old arrangement must have been very historical.

I don't think that the dealership requires any proof of insurance now to tax the car...