Rns-e questions

p1tse

Reaction score
So if I didn't read here I wouldn't have know there are two versions

So the latest mk2 is the one with a media button instead of cd/TV?

Which years did this come out from?
What what I understand mk2 is faster, better screen, nav 2xsd slots

But why are some cd/TV button ones with gloss black surround, silver dials etc.

What's the going rate for mk1?
I just want my dash to look a little brighter oem style so the mk1 might be ok
Does it still have a sd slot?

Actually just read on eBay someone selling a mk3 and so the differences are?

Thanks

On a tight budget so will be looking at used private items

Do the advertised a3 need adapting for b6 a4 ie change of faceplate surround?

Patch,

Chances are, if I do the installation the RNS-E I buy will have an A3 surround. My car is an A6, so I'd take the faceplate off my current RNS-E and swap them over. I'd fit the MK2 with A6 surround in my car and then be offering you a MK1 RNS-E with an A3 surround.

Firstly though I need to source genuine (non-thieved) MK2 RNS-E and AMI. There seems to be an extensive stock of RNS-E units in Lithuania but I'm not sure of thier origins (any ideas?) UK sourced MK2 RNS-Es seem to be ~£850 and AMIs ~£250 - that's £1100 just for the bits and way beyond what I'm prepared to spend. Selling on my MK1 could tip the balance though so maybe we can do a deal.

Regards, Peter.

Do the advertised a3 need adapting for b6 a4 ie change of faceplate surround?

Patch,

Chances are, if I do the installation the RNS-E I buy will have an A3 surround. My car is an A6, so I'd take the faceplate off my current RNS-E and swap them over. I'd fit the MK2 with A6 surround in my car and then be offering you a MK1 RNS-E with an A3 surround.

Firstly though I need to source genuine (non-thieved) MK2 RNS-E and AMI. There seems to be an extensive stock of RNS-E units in Lithuania but I'm not sure of thier origins (any ideas?) UK sourced MK2 RNS-Es seem to be ~£850 and AMIs ~£250 - that's £1100 just for the bits and way beyond what I'm prepared to spend. Selling on my MK1 could tip the balance though so maybe we can do a deal.

Regards, Peter.

Why buy a unit that was meant for another car though? Just buy one that was made for an A3 if that is what you have? If you go cheap it will bite you on the backside. Other retrofitters on here will say the same! NHN, Danny, N8 etc!

If you have an A4 / A6 you have no choice but to do a swap if you want the MK2 but plenty of MK1s out there.

We don't touch any stock from Lithuania, too many rumours out there about where they have been sourced from.

Cruiser,

I take your point generally about buying the appropriate part. I will if I can but as you'll see written in my last, I drive an A6. Most RNS-Es offered seem to be for A3, hence my comments about faceplate swap.

Regards, Peter.

For that approximate price we can supply/fit the mk2 rns & ami, £850 seems excessive for mk2 part only tbh, we do offer a part ex on mk1 units, subject to condition & functionality.

Thanks

As above I see many units more units from a3 so was wandering if its just a simple faceplate change or not as looking for b6 fitment

A mk2 sold on eBay recently tad over £300 !

For that approximate price we can supply/fit the mk2 rns & ami, £850 seems excessive for mk2 part only tbh, we do offer a part ex on mk1 units, subject to condition & functionality.

Hi

What kind of price would a fully functioning MK1 unit knock off the price of a MK2 with AMI?