front suspension?

964russ

Reaction score
Noticed a clunkin noise from the front, the rubbers are torn on the front upper arms.There around £20 each on ebay.Ive read that the cheap replacements dont last long.Anyone tried poly bushes?Is it worth the effort to re bush them, or do I just replace them?

Most of the ones on ebay are rubbish, Andrew Page or Euros sell good quality upper arms, I paid £15 each for them from AP, they are Febi

Euro parts want £40 each for lemforder.
Cheapo £20.

Poly kit £80.

Dunno?

Suggest you do the lowers and drops at the same time....there almost certainly the same age and been taking the load.

As above. Replace the lot on both sides if you can afford it. Also buy new pinch bots that locate the top arm ball joints. If they are anything like mine they were a pain to take out due to being siezed solid.

I used euro car parts to source mine, chose the TRW ones in the end as recommended by the local audi independent. Little tip with euro car parts, register, place the items in your basket and do not checkout - the next day you will receive a 25% off voucher and if you ignore that you then get a 30% off one soon after. the code is often like "lastchance25" you can just replace the 25 with 30 when they send you the 25% off one. Can then use this code to reserve items in your local store for collection if you are not in for delivery.

Ended up buying a set of upper arms from ebay.
£50.
They look the part, made in sweden.

Tried to fit them last week.
Couldn't get the pinch bolt to move!
Ran out of time.
So soaked them in oil.
Ill have another go when I get chance.

Good luck, you can roast them out with oxy-acetylene if you are changing both ball joints. (I had to drill one out one time, felt like it took forever and it's too easy to damage the upright). If you are going for it, heat it all up, back off the nut, then turn the bolt head. Don't worry too much if it shears off, as you can then use the nut to hopefully draw the bolt out whilst it is still hot!