audi extendard warrntie refuse claim for new gearbox

johny

audi s3 8p sportback
Reaction score
hi was wounderin if any 1 on here can help i have a 2010 audi s3 dsg the gearbox started playin up otherday wudnt go into reverse gear so i put in park an tried again still no gear so turnt car of started again gear selction was fine but just a bit slower wen selceting reverse our drive but car drives fine once its goin gear change perfect so i had audi pick car up 11 days ago they said they changed the injercotrs under warrentie an was startin to look at the dsg box they didnt no wa the problem was so they sent it off to audi uk by disc they said and that audi uk come bk with the car needs a gearbox so they told me gearbox needs replacing and the warrentie is not goin to pay for this cos the gearbox wasnt serviced at 40k the car has full service history with audi last being 46k i have had the gearbox an haldex service done at 51k and the car was fine untill then an even after then the car drove fine av cover 5k since the service an all was good only recentley it started to play up now audi r blamein the fact the car hadnt had the dsg service at 40k this is y the box is nakerd now i find it hard to belive this is the cousre of the box faling because the car was fine up untill 56k 5k after a gearbox service if it was because it wasnt serviced at 40k then poss the box wud of broke at 45k not 56k after a service at 51k i think they just tryin best not to pay for this issuse am sure am not the only person who is an has expreainced this problem al fight till the very end with them stealers and audi uk over this matter cause i dont think its fair for us customers to be treated like this after r cars av problem its alrite when they takein payment from us tho for services an extanderd warrnties an etc if some 1 can shed somelight on what chaance av got with them replacein the box would be much aprricated also av heard that the box wont be damaged its a thing inside the box called mechtronics unit and cause audi think they have won by sayin car not had service at 40k so automaticly said the box is gone so they dont even have to look at it any help guys thanks

my advice....Do not sweat so much if it's working okay now.
Find out if Audi carried out an adaptation / reset of the box.
If not find a local person with VCDS who'll be able to it.

BTW.. Gearbox and Haldex should be done at 40k miles.

my advice....Do not sweat so much if it's working okay now.
Find out if Audi carried out an adaptation / reset of the box.
If not find a local person with VCDS who'll be able to it.

BTW.. Gearbox and Haldex should be done at 40k miles.

hi again i haven't picked car up from audi i refuse todo so i meant the gearbox its self seemed fine b4 i put it into audi apart from the delay going into reverse our drive our sometimes it wudnt go into reverse there was no banging our load clunks cumin from the box when the car is in drive every gear works fine changes down fine to me it seems electric sum think electrical in the box not the actual cogs in there wats cause in the problem i think they r just sayin it needs a full gearbox replacement cos they are trying best not to pay out for the box cause this service at 40k not being done i think its more mehtronic unit and they don't wanna say that cos they will have to replace it so they saying its other things in there related to oil wats cause in it so they can blame no oil change on time an try take easy way out av read about these gearboxes getting a automatic 10 year warrentie our a 100k in other countries apart from uk so they are aware of these box's failing so under no circumstances they should be willing to offer goodwill for ppl who av actuality had everything serviced an things my not been on time but still done an worked well for 4k miles after the service

i'm sure that you're stressed about your car and what not but some punctuation and paragraphs wouldn't go amiss...

as said previously if it is working ok now then don't worry too much but get the gearbox oil and filter changed and maybe the adaption thingy mentioned above.

Reactions: Gourlay1990, SJ, S3Alex and 2 others
Yeah it's truly unfair other countries have the extended gearbox warranty and the UK does not. Question is "Why"?

why have you posted this twice ?