Cam rattle

Paulydelta

Reaction score
I've been having a few problems with a rattle
Could this be an oil pick up problem
I've had no oil pressure lights or nothing
It's sounds like there's no oil getting to the top ( like a sticky tappet ) . Just. Putting this across before I rip the sump off any ideas
2006 bwa tfsi
2.0t 122000 miles

might be the cam chain tensioner.. sam issue with the 8L's

Ok can that be changed without moving the cam shafts
Don't mind messing with simple stuff when it comes to cambelts and chains I become the tool go getter

though mate dont qoute me on it but it might be without hearing your engine no ones knows.. though it does make sense however if it indeed was you pickup and you having tappet like sounds that damn red oil pressure light would beep alright

I put a video a few weeks ago
Since then I changed the oil I'll post it up again wen I get home

Replied to the post so it should come be on today's post

yeah could always be that too but not that ****** loud i wouldnt thing but its a 20mins job to check it and replace it neway

Dropped the sump pan and found this plastic piece in the oil pick up ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398265299804476

I'll find out tomorrow when I remove the cover to check

Is there any posts on how to remove them if it has gone

Pauly just remembered check your oil pump closely as the 2.0 tfsi pumps are known to fail more then the 06A since you have the sump off it would be wise to check even replace it if i were you along with the pick up pipe.. and I'd definitely check the cams chain tensioner

i hope you don't have any valve/piston damage.. do a compression test just to be sure.. how that plastic bit made it to the bottom God knows..its damn big