Clearing DIS warnings e.g low fuel

granty578

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if there was a way that I haven't found yet to clear warning lights on the DIS while driving?

E.G low fuel or light out.

It's annoying its there constantly until you fix covering up music tracks!

Thanks,

James

Don't get low on fuel or replace the bulb. They're there for a reason.

Well I've got a problem with the fogs as the connector isn't secure. I'm waiting on new parts.

The fuel thing is stupid, it's low...not empty. I like to run a fuel tank so I can gauge my miles per tank...

Anyone actually have the right answer?

You can kill the bulb warnings by making a VCDS change looking at the Cold Diagnosis function but I have never seen a way of disabling the low fuel alert, not sure why in the real world somebody would.

Reactions: Artimus
E.G low fuel or light out.

It's annoying its there constantly until you fix covering up music tracks!

Thanks,

James
Geez, don't ever fit an aftermarket head unit or you'll slit your wrists after a week with no track info on the DIS. :eek:

Reactions: Zak0123
Geez, don't ever fit an aftermarket head unit or you'll slit your wrists after a week with no track info on the DIS. :eek:

Aftermarket head units are perfectly capable of showing track information on the DIS. My Alpine does it perfectly.

the alpine might but most dont

Well I havnt tested 100's of head units, but I would imagine that with the correct lead/box/interface that most probably would work. I needed an interface for mine to work.

My 18 month old Pioneer doesn't, even though it works with the steering wheel controls ...maybe I need to check again for a new patch lead.

What interface did you need?

I have an Alpine and never got round to looking into getting it working with DIS!

wow, this thread got sidetracked! my apologies to the OP.

p.s: checked Autoleads, Connects2 & Pioneer, still nowt for the A3 DIS.