Light scratches

PDA3

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've made a right school boy error. Washed car, lovely. Bird spots my effort and poos on it. Quick solution, kitchen paper to wipe it off - results in fine scratches! Damn you kitchen paper. Just ordered Scratch X 2 on Amazon. Is this the best solution?

Personally I would recommend autoglym super resin polish. Does a very good job and it's not too harsh. It's probably well served to then wax it over the top, although for best results you would need to prep the whole car. I don't know how much in to detailing you are.

I assume the scratches are very light? You can't feel them when you rub your fingers over?

SRP is filler heavy mind, so yes it will mask the scratches nicely, but over time they will show up again. Try something like Meguairs Ultimate compound as it's slightly more abrasive and will remove the scratches

Something like Dido juice lime prime will get rid of light scratches and swirl marks, with a bit of elbow grease.

Yep, Autoglym SRP is zero cut, and won't actually polish out the scratches, just fill them.

Meguiars ScratchX 2 has abrasives in it, and yes, its a good place to start, assuming the scratches aren't too deep.

I've made a right school boy error. Washed car, lovely. Bird spots my effort and poos on it. Quick solution, kitchen paper to wipe it off - results in fine scratches! Damn you kitchen paper. Just ordered Scratch X 2 on Amazon. Is this the best solution?

I suspect it's some light marring which scratch x will be perfect for. As noted by other posters SRP is not the best solution.

Would suggest making sure the car is clean before using the scratch x and just do a circle motion with a fair amount of pressure (scratch x needs to get warm to get best results) and it should clear it very easily.