Wheel Spacers and Spigot Rings S4

rjm180

Reaction score
I have recently put 19 inch reps on my S4 cab. They are 8 inch wide and have an offset of 35 and are shod with 245 35 tyres. I actually wanted 8.5's but the supplier ordered what he thought wouldn't rub and not what i asked for, anyway long story and this is what i have ended up with and have been driving for a few months.

I think I would like the rear wheels to stick out a bit further to improve the stance, this prob would have looked better if they were an 8.5.

They also needed spigot rings as the centre bore size was 66 i think and larger than my 57.1.

The front rims and tyres stance look fine so i would like to know, is it ok to use spacers on the rear wheels only. I have read that it is ok to stagger but wanted to make sure on my exact set up. I have also read that ideally a 10mm spacer is a minimum as it is able to locate on the hub, any smaller and they don't, im not 100% sure if this is correct.

If able, I will go for a 10mm spacer on the rears as i think it could take it without having poke.

So basically can i use spacers as well as spigot rings on the rear and is it ok to use on the rear only.

The fronts would be ET 35 and if i use a 10mm spacer this would make the rears have an ET of 45.

Many thanks for your advice,

If your ET is 35 and you fit 10mm spacers you will end up with a final ET of 25. Also spacers and spigot rings are fine, I run them front and rear.

The way I understand it you will be fine only running rear spacers (creating a false staggered stance), but ideally you need to keep the width of the tyres touching the road the same on 4WD cars.

The reason they need to be 10mm on the rear is because of the lip on the hub, but double check that they are designed for our cars as some 10mm don't fit. Even when they are designed for VAG cars 9 times out of 10 you need to knock the metal dust cover for the nut off the hub.

Last edited:
Looking back at this now I've just noticed your running 245/35 tyres, you might have to move down to 235/35 to avoid rubbing.