330mm rears anyone?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Ok, I don't actually know if they are 330mm's? But looking at the setup, I'm guessing they are, as he has the same discs front and rear, maybe Badger Bill can shed some light on it?

But why on earth would you need 330mm on the rears anyhow? Lol

E79AD857-17D2-49C6-8829-F24E275143F5_zpsut4urvtr.jpg

And not much room between caliper and 18" alloy

03CB2B96-3CC8-4FD6-8A03-8894C06377E5_zpsuhkuwyl6.jpg

Ok, I don't actually know if they are 330mm's? But looking at the setup, I'm guessing they are, as he has the same discs front and rear, maybe Badger Bill can shed some light on it?

But why on earth would you need 330mm on the rears anyhow? Lol

looks like the compbrake 330 spacer/disk setup

Looking at the state of the disks etc, they look like they've been fitted for show

256mm are not enough on a 4x4 with decent pwr/wght when you start pressing on in twisty undulating terrain

Get very hot

looks like the compbrake 330 spacer/disk setup

Looking at the state of the disks etc, they look like they've been fitted for show

256mm are not enough on a 4x4 with decent pwr/wght when you start pressing on in twisty undulating terrain

Get very hot

They are definitely front discs converted for rear use. I'm running 308mm rears with 330 fronts. This guy is running 330s front and rear at a guess, so the brake bias would be out I reckon.

Those are specific rear disks, using a 330mm x 20mm rotor to fit the oem rear caliper

Brake bias is unaffected

BrakeRecon 605

Hi there jojo what discs and brackets did you use to convert to rear 308

They are definitely front discs converted for rear use. I'm running 308mm rears with 330 fronts. This guy is running 330s front and rear at a guess, so the brake bias would be out I reckon.

I recon too , a minimum of a 345 mm up front to balance out.

brake bias is most certainly altered.

You're keeping the same caliper and master cylinder, so hydraulic power is unchanged, but the lever arm is increasing by 37mm.

it's a 30% increase in disc size / lever length, so rear braking effort will be up by 30% relative to stock.

So when you fitted larger front brakes you had to brake harder ?

The ABS unit takes care of biasing - tbh it'd be handy if you edit the map of the abs unit and alter the rear bias ratioing

So when you fitted larger front brakes you had to brake harder ?

The ABS unit takes care of biasing - tbh it'd be handy if you edit the map of the abs unit and alter the rear bias ratioing

Nope, we are on about the brake bias front to rear. The rears do very little braking, the fronts do most of the work as when you brake hard, the weight transfer goes to the front. By increasing the rear brakes by so much, but not increasing the braking at the front by a similar amount will effect the brake bias, relying on the ABS is not an ideal solution.

Sorry, I'm with you now

upgrading the rears without the fronts would be daft

Reactions: Prawn