myAudi.com Map Update Service (Australia)

B

barwon

Has anyone in Australia used the myAudi Map Update Service? I have created an account and the site states that "The current map updates can be downloaded for free here and installed in the vehicle via an SD card. The download and installation can be repeated any number of times. The Map Update Service includes the first five biannual updates that follow the factory-installed map version."
My 2014 S3 has map version ROW 2013 and it is missing quite a few new roads in Victoria and hence I am thinking of updating to the 2014 version, but it would nice to know if someone has been successful with the update.

I've downloaded it, but haven't put it on an SD card and installed it yet.

can confirm it works fine.
a few noticable updates, it has more buildings in 3D (including the docklands wheel...), speed limits in the CBD are corrected (to 40, was previously 50),

MickyD, Thanks for confirmation it works OK in Oz. I will get a spare SD card and give it a go when I get back from holiday. Did the update process take long in the car?

Make sure you use a large SD card, mine refused to work with a 2GB card, had to upsize to 32GB.

Upgrade took maybe 5 minutes.

Anybody else have an issue with the pronunciation of names, places, etc ?

Road is pronounced as row-ad !!

I just tried to download on my Macbook, but the Audi Connect Download Client just hanged and said it was waiting to download. Left it for hours, tried several times, nothing doing. Maybe its a problem with Mac computers. I'll try to contact Audi in Germany to see if that is the case.

ConS3, what version of OSX and Java are you using? I am still on Snow Leopard that can only run Java 6.