S3 Order

MichaelLi--

Reaction score
Hi guys, I ordered my S3 a few weeks back now and it was confirmed a few days ago for Build week 25 and due to arrive at my dealer mid july. However I've been having a think that i want to change to merc now simply because I've always wanted a E coupe. Forgetting about the cars, i have signed a letter regarding finance and paid 500 quid deposit, can i still tell them to stop the production and just let them keep my deposit? I do not want to phone my salesman as he will crack up.

Option 1. Keep the S3, doubtful you will regret it.

Option 2. Change to a A5.

Option 3. I'm not sure but some people have cancelled cars, legally you've signed up but I'm fairly sure you can get out of it and loosing your deposit, there could be other penalties though.

Hi guys, I ordered my S3 a few weeks back now and it was confirmed a few days ago for Build week 25 and due to arrive at my dealer mid july.

Wish my order came that quick.....

Merc no, they are floaty and not great!

Have you driven an E coupe?

Nope but going to pop into my local dealer today and see if they have one that I can rest drive! I am keen on the S3 but suddenly I've changed my mind and persuaded into a E400! But it will obviously depends on the situation.

Hi guys, I ordered my S3 a few weeks back now and it was confirmed a few days ago for Build week 25 and due to arrive at my dealer mid july. However I've been having a think that i want to change to merc now simply because I've always wanted a E coupe. Forgetting about the cars, i have signed a letter regarding finance and paid 500 quid deposit, can i still tell them to stop the production and just let them keep my deposit? I do not want to phone my salesman as he will crack up.

Yes you can, and they will keep the deposit (unless you could successfully negotiate your circumstances have changed and you wanted to get into a different model of Audi).

If you'd said an A45 AMG I could have understood it, but whilst an E class coupe looks pleasant from the kerbside the two aren't really comparative so it's a high step change to aspire to. My folks have an 'E' class and it's the sort of car I might like to own in 20 years time (drive wise).

Yes you can, and they will keep the deposit (unless you could successfully negotiate your circumstances have changed and you wanted to get into a different model of Audi).

If you'd said an A45 AMG I could have understood it, but whilst an E class coupe looks pleasant from the kerbside the two aren't really comparative so it's a high step change to aspire to. My folks have an 'E' class and it's the sort of car I might like to own in 20 years time (drive wise).

Fair point there and I have no regrets ordering the S3 as it was initially what I wanted. However after seeing the E coupe i knew I wanted it. Not a fan of the A class, C class yes although the new ones are about to come out if not already out.

Then I think rather than end up with potentially the wrong car £500 is a small price to pay. If you take the S3 then try and trade it in the short term you'll end up paying more than that to change in lost depreciation and hassle. There are plenty of buyers for S3 so the dealer won't be that out of sorts.

I've had a similar dilemma although I haven't ordered anything yet. Was going to go for an A Class Merc but the A3/S3 is the best in it's class and is recommended by many so if I were you I'd seriously think about it otherwise you might regret going down the Merc route. Merc's are more expensive to service etc.

They shouldn't keep the whole deposit, just sufficient to cover their losses. At this point that's probably not much money as they can just switch the order to someone else. If you are going to cancel sooner is better than later as the closer it gets, the more they have invested so the more of your deposit they will keep.

We're getting rid of an E350 coupe for an S3 and it's only 9 months old.

The E is just such a heavy car and whilst is it amazing for long cruises on the motorway it is a chore to drive around town. Also trying to make progress in the wet is a nightmare as being RWD with lots of power it is rather squirmy.

Check with your trading standards people, Which have a Rights app too.
I think they can only keep what expenses they have incurred.

E class? I'm not sure what some body who likes the E class is doing ordering and S3, or vice versa

What was your spec mike? If its locked in maybe I'll buy it from your dealer nearly new ;-p

You'd lose your deposit but if you're hearts set on the merc then it will be small change!

A very high and dear spec, can't remember the spec of by heart but if you search my other threads you'll see it mate! Well I went in today and enquired about an E400 AMG sport plus and it came to 50k, monthly payments are quite steep. But Merc are so stupid because he said he can't give exact figures because I'm not ready to buy... My production date is 2nd June and if he can't give me a figure then he's lost out on a E400.