Silverstone 'Taster' Track Day's..

JJWin

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this; but has anyone done the Silverstone 'Taster' Track day with their own car?

I'm thinking of taking my S3 on the taster session which is 30mins long and you get some familiarisation laps with a instructor. Has anybody else done this? What was your opinions if so?

How much fuel would you expect to use up in 30mins? And in terms of general wear and tear how would the tyre's cope and would they still have life left in them after the session?

Thanks.
JW

Get out there and enjoy it mate. Love track days, they really are the most fun you can have with your trousers on.

It is a strange feeling slowing to 80mph for a tight turn lol. You will go home positively glowing and feeling so alive

Reactions: JJWin
Nice pictures! :respekt:

How busy was the track? Did your wheels take too much damage?

They are from 2 different days at Bedford, which for a novice I highly recomend as it's flat and there is loads of run off. Track is marshalled so although it was an open pit event they only allow a certain number of cars out at any one time and they will pull people in and ******* them if their driving falls below that expected.

On average I get 2 years out of a set of tyres and the wheels themselves were reaplced after doing 100,000 miles of road and about 6 track days. 99% sure it was the potholes on the road miles and not the track action that ruined them.

I do mine thorugh these guys and they too do taster sessions. Trackday Calendar - Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome