Model year for inbuilt USB?

Bossworld

Reaction score
Currently have a 2010 Mini Cooper but now I've got a 3 month old baby it's getting ever less practical.

Was looking at cars for around £9k and I've seen a few A3 1.4 S tronic Sportsback cars around an 09 plate.

Seems to fit the bill for most things I'm after, but from searching the forum I can't find a clear answer as to what level of USB and bluetooth hands free comes as standard?

Is there a particular model year or variant that includes a USB option? I've currently got a tune2air (which I believe will also work on the Audi) so I'd be looking to plug this in and have control/track information through the head unit (rather than CD changer emulation).

Thanks for any help :)

No audi a3 came as standar with usb conection.

Audi concert II+ or AUDI CONCERT III, both haven't any usb port.

audiconcert.jpg

Some audis with this radio came with audi exclusive usb preparation in the glovebox, but this is really a **** because the radio can't give information for songs titles. Gives track 1, track, 2...
2012_10_18_17_02_10_Prep_USB_Audi.jpg

To this radios can be added also the audi exclusive ipod/iphone preparation, but it's the same thing
ipod%20integration%20-%20retrofit.jpg

The only one that is usefull in my ipinion its Audi navigation (rns-e) the one with color screen, came with 2 sd inlays

-MK1 rns-e 2 sd slots 8gb maximum each one
A3+RNS-E.jpg

-mk2 rns-e 2 sd slots 32gb maximum each one
557874404_o.jpg

But If you want to add usb preparation or iphone/ipod preparation to rns-e navigation you can do 2 things:

Add the usb or ipod preparation, but gives the same rubbish information that been installed in combination with concert radio (no names)

Or put the audi music interface, that can control usb ipod iphone, with titles, etc. and with this interface you can use the viseeo interface too. A lot of people here use the viseeo with audi music interface. But you only can use this interface with rns-e mk2 units (the one that has piano gloss and has the media buttom, see the 2 units slowly and compare them)
audi_05.jpg

-----------------------------
All usb unit iphone, sat nav and audi music interface are optional equipment, no one came as standar.

The only unit that came as standar is the radio concert or chorus

Sorry my english is not very good (i'm spanish)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bossworld
-----------------------------
All usb unit iphone, sat nav and audi music interface are optional equipment, no one came as standar.

The only unit that came as standar is the radio concert or chorus

Sorry my english is not very good (i'm spanish)

That's brilliant, thank you ever so much for the detailed reply. I'm a bit cautious of getting anything with that sat nav unit as I know people were breaking windows and stealing similar ones from VW Golfs.