Limp mode?? MAF??

James_Audi

Reaction score
Car has recently had a new thermostat and was running very well afterwards however it now has a rough idle and rough running when the engine is cold. When in 1st and 2nd it doesn't accelerate smoothly at low speed.

Also when accelerating a bit harder it seems to go into limp mode in most gears and looses all boost. I don't have a VAG com but was going to go to my local garage and see what he makes of it with his diagnostics machine.

It does not have this problem all the time and sometimes it still surprises me how well the car accelerates.

Had a lot of 17705 problems on my last 1.8t but have still not got round to putting it on vag-com. Gear 6 seems ok but its just not that responsive in the other unless you bring the revs up in the previous gear before changing. Its mostly poor performance.

Could it be related to having thermostat changed? Hope to get this sorted soon as I get a chance

I have read about unplugging the maf. This would not be definitive though unless it was definantly the MAF?

Mine lost all power when I bought the car the other week and the next day I had a look to find a split pipe and its never happened again