PD170 Remaps & DSG upgrade

paulwakinshaw

Reaction score
Hello chaps,

I'm sure this has been done to death, but my question relates to a remap & a DSG remap combined together.

Over on Briskoda, it appears that Shark Performance are the go to guys for PD170 remaps and possible DPF removal. That seems to be a no brainer, however I want to know if anyone on here has had any sort of remap and combined it with a DSG remap?

Has anyone got experience of this? Any Pro's/Con's? I'm going to have the gearbox oil changed in the next week or so just to ensure that everything is good and well. Has anyone has the DSG box combined with an engine remap and suffered clutch issues etc?

Also, who are the go to guys for DSG remaps?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
We have mapped loads of 170-PPD engines with and without DPF removal. A couple of years ago we bought a car to develop our own specific tunes which included recalibrating the regeneration cycle of the DPF on our stage 1 200BHP tune and then properly calibrating a tune to suit DPF removal including close monitoring of the boost control so as to not overspool the VNT turbo.

Many people offer tunes with huge torque gains that can offer end up in a failure of the VNT turbo, our tunes are very O.E. in the way they drive and offer the best reliability and fuel economy. Our Stage 2 220BHP (we have seen up to 230BHPon some cars) DPF removal files also include EGR removal in the software. For DSG gearboxes we developed a Stage 2 engine tune to limit torque in the lower gears to help preserve the DSG clutch (and avoid wheelspin!).

With our Stage 1 200BHP remap we change the DPF regeneration cycle so that it burns the filter out more regularly than the factory calibration, this allows for the extra fuel that is burnt to produce the extra power. It's not a guarantee of long DPF life but it certainly helps! We always carry out a full diagnostic before mapping to assess pressure drop across the filter amongst other things and will not map a car we have concern with. All cars are mapped and tested on our dyno.

As well as the engine we offer a full range of DSG gearbox maps to suit, higher RPM shifts, faster shifts, launch control etc. Again we write our own custom maps for the DSG box and can pretty much do whatever you like.

We also offer a full diagnostic service including stock dyno runs, recalibration / adaptation of the DSG gearbox, checking of the DPF filter etc. If you are in the North then drop us a line, we are in South Preston.

Hi I have exactly this combination a3 with PD170 and DSG already running with remap, dpf off, straight pipe, dsg remaped too...

and I have two questions,

1- it worth in terms of power deleting EGR?
2-my DSG gearbox is too short, how should I upgrade it? s3 Dsg fits in? (PS: I raised the torque limiter to 500nm, and it gets hard after warmed up, on 1-2 gears)_ANY TIP ??

Regards from Portugal :p