First 1000 mile report.

holly35

Reaction score
My 1.2TFSI SE has now completed its first 1000 miles. I am still delighted with it and it seems to be sounding better and quicker after carefully running it in.I think its important to treat it with respect and care during this early days,and feel anyone who "floors" it on the way home from the dealers shows a lack of respect for the product and disregard for its future years.
Comfort is is step up from my A4 Sline,but you would be mistaken if you think its soft,is not .Firm and comfortable best describes it.
Seating is great,and is more sculpted than photos suggest,without being too grippy.Some sports seats are just too narrow in the back rest .
Quality throughout is superb,i also recommend the led interior light package,it looks beautiful.Just getting to grips with the many display options etc which are very well thought out.
My friend had it for a drive and was suitably impressed,and could not believe its a 1.2. In every day driving i dont require anything larger in capacity, the performance is more than adequate. The carefully chosen options are enough to lift it and finish it perfectly.
Oil consumption has been about 250/300ml over the 1000 miles.Fuel consumption is averaging 50mpg according to the computer.
The rain sensor wipers do seem to be a tad sensitive,despite being on its lowest setting.(i think)
Have not really tried the heated seats yet
Highly recommended.Its also worth reading through the manual a couple of times,there is some fantastic technology on the car and many clever settings and options.
Oh yes and Amalfi is fabulous!Especially contrasted against the privacy glass.

Last edited:
Reactions: glospete
A great 1000 mile report - many thanks. I have just over a week to go before I get mine and the points you make and the pointers you give will be very useful. I'm with you about careful running in!

You will love it,i has a quality and refinement way above others.It OOZES class and quality.I also added auto lights,aluminium exterior and interior trim accents along with the privacy glass heated seats and sports tail trim for the exhaust .
Forgot to say ,as my running comprises mostly of 15 min journeys ,the standard manual air con is fine.(the auto system would run on full chill anyway and my journey would be over before it regulates itself,and you dont have the fan doing its own thing!)
Always better to follow running in,in any case the early run in period is quite short really.

Last edited:
Big thumbs up for Amalfi. Such an over looked colour!

It makes the car look too much like an A1 to me.
Of all Audis range ,i think the A1 stands out as the least like the other models.
The A1 has soft rounded lines,most unlike any of Audis other models.Amalfi looks completely different on the A3,with its sharp crease lines , throwing up colour change from white to a soft lemon/cream.
The A3 looks nothing like the A1.
However ,from 100 yards it does look like the A4 or A5 or A6......etc

Reactions: Pulp84
Of all Audis range ,i think the A1 stands out as the least like the other models.
The A1 has soft rounded lines,most unlike any of Audis other models.Amalfi looks completely different on the A3,with its sharp crease lines , throwing up colour change from white to a soft lemon/cream.
The A3 looks nothing like the A1.
However ,from 100 yards it does look like the A4 or A5 or A6......etc

I often think this when driving towards another Audi, they all look very similar at a distance and it's only when you can see down the lines of the car you distinguish which model it is.

I find that the shape of the DRLs is the best way to distinguish on Audi from another.... Only works with LEDs though.

LOL - OK then

Reactions: kingbilly