Boot not opening on avant

typertony

Reaction score
I closed my boot today and cannot open it.

I can hear the solinoid moving but it's not very loud and now the boot will not open.

Is is there anything I can do to open it and to make sure it opens again?

cheers

Use your key.Look up where the number plate lights are and to the right and you;ll see the keyhole.I've been doing mine this way for about 18 mths until i replaced the actuator 3 days ago and now it works perfectly again.

I had same problem on my saloon, I sprayed wd40 over the mechanism and it opened and closed fine after that. Must of just been dirt stopping the solinoid from functioning. Worth a try mate.

Tried all that with mine but it made no difference.In the end it cost me £42 for new actuator/solenoid.Now works perfectly by hand and with remote opening.

Had same problem. Took the boot trim off (fairly easy job) inside you'll find a small rod going from the latch to the actuator. Unscrew the actuator from the boot, now, it's a sealed unit but it can be opened ( and replaced with a little superglue) to reveal a motor, the bit the rod connects to, and a red piece that is a snailspring. Take this out and wind the spring a few times.and replace. That's it.! The spring gets slack after a few years. I managed to put mine back without glue, as two screws go thru both parts of the housing.

just replace the motor, tried fixing mine but it only lasted 5 minutes. Not too expensive and it's a relatively easy fix.

I second that,not worth buggering around with.Just replace it.